xisto Community

I'm also worried about the lesser activity in the Graphics Forum.We've got great designers like Saint Michael, Mich, truefusion, avalon, kubi, Snlildude87, Sylenzednuke but still there is lesser involvement in the Graphics forum and the participation in the SOTW is really bad. Comeon guys freshen up, lets make this section of Xisto buzz with activity and lets get the SOTW, SOTM and Tournaments back ;)

Yes. Let's hear some new ideas from new perspectives. Creating new sig tournaments every week is tough. It was originally proposed sig tournament of the month or so.And perhaps expanding from just sig to something bigger might be a good start? And once again, let's not be consumed by hosting credits giveaways. Do compete for the competition sake.The forum is yours...

I see the graphics contests more like the way for getting fresh ideas. I've found many new techniques when working on the design contests. It also inspires a lot gives idea of how people think and how creative they are. It helps us to learn a lot more and show our skills to others.and I don't think that people who are participating in the Graphics contests are for points or credits they are here because they love what they are doing ;)

I will most definitely TRY to participate in some new tournaments.. however, I don't plan on participating in signature tournaments... as far as I am concerned, I don't enjoy creating signatures because: everyone else is doing, and they are becoming monotonous. I will gladly participate in other tournaments though ;).

I would not mind participating in a tournament for signatures. I think it would be an excellent way to get in some practice with Photoshop. Are there any going on right now, or how about GFX battle teams? I was thinking that battle teams would be interesting--I've seen it done before and the results were awesome (two teams participating in a design competition). But if you all are still doing a tournament for signatures, then I will be happy to do something for it. :lol:

I wouldn't mind joining either. It looks like a lot of fun anyway. I have some new ideas to try out and a couple of themes I wouldn't mind heading either. I hope that we could set it up that anyone could start their own tournament. Credits and myCents are an added bonus, but make it so that its not the only reward, such as a ranking in your sig, or another part of the info, that goes number of GFX Events Won: (or of that type) like I said I wouldn't mind heading a couple, even though I am not part of the crew. We should also start teams, that are independent of the forum, so we can have some team competitions like the larger GFX Sites.

If one of you guys would draw up a Sig of the week competition, I'll post it up to see what the response is like.There might be enough GFX types around to give this a chance at succeeding.Post here, or send me a PM.