xisto Community
karlosantana

Swanson Internet Forum Host Error Ive bought a php script, and im feeling ripped off

Hi guys. So I bought this script.
And now I'm loading it up HERE and It's giving this message to when you sign up for a new forum

Warning: fopen(cookie.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/kyle/public_html/forumhost/forumhost/index.php on line 17
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/kyle/public_html/forumhost/forumhost/index.php on line 17
Thank you for your choosing us to host your free forum. In order to finalize and confirm your forum setup, please click the button below
HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found Server: cpsrvd/11.2.2 Connection: close Content-type: text/html 404 Not Found Not Found The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/x/fantastico/autoinstallcheck.php) you requested. Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this error to your webhost. cpaneld/11.2.2 Server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I have contacted him, I'm still waiting for his reply, but there's cleverer people on trap than he is most likely! Any help is appreciated! If you need a look at the script PM me and i will see what I can do
Thanks in advance

Well, the first error is causing the second one, so you only have one error to fix, and it is a fairly simple one at that. The file cookie.txt needs to be opened by the script, but it can't do it. Find that file and change its permissions so that everyone can read, write and execute it (i.e. CHMOD 777). That will then also solve the second PHP error.

This looks like either the file called cookie.txt needs to be manually created and proper permissions assigned or if file exists then permissions are not correct. Kindly check if this file exists and is writable.

cookie.txt

If you are unable to determine where to look for this file then check the PHP script that references it.

index.php

Thanks guys! I've looked for cookie.txt and ive looked in index.php to find it, nothing.
This is what the Index.php page has to say about it,

$file = fopen("cookie.txt", "w+"); fclose($file);//Flush contents from cookie file before beginning.

What should cookie.txt contain? should it contain nothing? If not then what should it contain? because the code above should flush the file out, no?

Look forward to your replies, and I am thankful for the help so far!
Karlos

Ok ignore that hehe I think I got it!
But what is this doing now?

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found Server: cpsrvd/11.2.2 Connection: close Content-type: text/html 404 Not Found Not Found The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/x/fantastico/autoinstallcheck.php) you requested. Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this error to your webhost. cpaneld/11.2.2 Server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Is it a simple case of directing it to a different directory?karlos

EDIT: Ok I've got the script working (go me) :P So now when a forum is made, the new forum will say

Language file english/common.php couldn't be opened.

Now I know thats it is having difficulty finding common.php but what I need to do is make it, so that it wont happen again, oh the new forum i made through that script is hereThanks is advance
karlos
Edited by karlosantana (see edit history)