xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

Scam Email I Recieved Today An obviously fake scam email I got. Check out the emails

An obviously fake email I recieved in my hotmail account.

Check out the headers:

From: SONG LI (erijinfo5@eircom.net)Sent: Sunday, 24 February 2008 4:23:50 PM
Reply-to: slisong@yahoo.com.hk

The message itself:

Good Day ,I'm Song Li, I work with the Hang Seng Bank here in Hong Kong. Although the internet is a very hard place to meet people because you don't know who to trust, what to believe and what not to.
I have an obscured business suggestion for you. There is the sum of
19,500,000.00 Dollars in my bank "Hang Seng Bank" Hong kong. There were no beneficiaries stated concerning these funds which means no one would ever come forward to claim it. That is why I ask that we work together so as to have the sun transferred out of my bank into your account.
Please do not be offended with the manner I contacted you. It was
necessitated by the urgency and nature of this transaction. Should you be interested please send me your;
1. Full names
2. Private phone number
3. Current residential address

Your can reach me on my private email: slisong@yahoo.com.hk

Kind Regards,
Mr. Song Li.
sngligbiz

They make me laugh. It is so obvious how fake it is.

Should I reply, for a bit of fun? $19.5mil would be nice. Just depends on the currency.

Hehe

I'm sure you posted this with a light humor in mind. But for those who are actually compelled to participate in this scam, and other alike, please be aware that there's no such thing as "easy money" especially via email.Numerous occasions have been reported through respected TV and newspaper journalism reporting people with losses up to tens and hundreds of thousand dollars. While some of us can distinguish scam and real thing, still there are few of those who cannot. A rule of thumb: none of respectable organization(s), such as Microsoft or proxy lawyers, will ever contact something so sensitive or urgent over an email. Email can be intercepted. Email can be delivered to wrong inbox. Email is not a registered first class mail that is protected by a private company--like USPO. Therefore please use your best discretion when dealing with the above situation. :P

Indeed. These scams run everywhere. I remember a friend telling me about a similar type of message sent over PM. Why the hell would they send it over PM? This is something that must be worked with carefully.And no, no one will EVER give you that large amount of money for simply "corresponding"...I remember another E-Mail I've received. It was presumably from Paypal, asking me to click on a link to reactivate my account, because they locked it because of some kind of credit card activity that was suspicous. Note : I don't have a Paypal account.Thus, I found it quite funny. Especially when I saw the From mail address in the headers were : noreply@paypaI.com. That I is so well placed. XD

OOooo I like how you posted up his email... I hope he enjoys the spam as bots looking for email addresses crawl up the site and distribute his email... It's most likely a temporary one unfortunately :P

I get these all the time too, its best just to ignore them. It's hard to believe that people fall for these scam emails when it's so obvious that they're completely fake. I do feel sorry for anyone that might accidentally fall for it though because once somebody gets ahold of your details, like what would happen if someone were to fall for that spam email, their whole lives could become ruined. It's sad to think about it, but things like that happen every day.

i recieved a scam email as well. its funny how they actually think you will believe them when basically every knows its a scam.

FROM THE DESK OFDR JOHN NICOL
REGIONAL MANAGER
INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK
KUMASI BRANCH GHANA.

HELLO DEAR,

My name is John Nicol, I am the regional manager of the International
Commercial Bank kumasi branch Ghana.I got your information during my
search through the Internet. I am 48years of age and married with 3
lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a man of PEACE and
don't want problem,but i don't know how you will feel about this
because you might feel that its scam yes there are many scammers. but
am telling you that this is real and you are not going to regret after
doing this transaction with me. I only hope we can assist each other.
But If you don't want this business offer kindly forget it as I will
not contact you again.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of
us,as the regional manager of the International Commercial Bank; it is
my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital
city Accra-Ghana at the end of each year. On the course of the last
year 2007 end of year report, I discovered that my branch in which I
am the manager made Three million seven hundred and fifty thousand
dollar [$3, 750.000.00]which my head office are not aware of and will
never be aware of. I have since place this fund on what we call
SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any
beneficiary.

As an officer of the bank I cannot be directly connected to this
money,so this informed my contacting you for us to work so that you
can assist receive this money into your bank account for us to SHARE.
While you will have 40% of the total fund .

Note there are practically no risk involved, it will be bank to bank
transfer,all I need from you is to stand claim as the original
depositor of this fund who made the deposit with our branch so that my
Head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account. If
you accept this offer to work with me, I will appreciate it very much.

As soon as I receive your response I will details you on how we can
achieve it successfully.I will want you to reply me through my private
email address at (drjohnicole@hotmail.com)

Best Regards
Dr John Nicol

Edited by joeblogg (see edit history)

and today i recieve this!

FROM THE DESK OFMR. Frank Bukar
BRANCH MANAGER
INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK
KUMASI BRANCH GHANA.

Hello Dear,

My name is Frank Bukar, I am the branch manager of the International Commercial Bank Kumasi branch Ghana. I got your information during my search through the Internet. I am 46years of age and married with 3 lovely kids. It may interest you to hear that I am a Man of peace and I don't want problem, but I do not know how you will feel about this because you may have double mind. But I am telling you that this is real and you are not going to regret after doing this transaction with me. I only hope that we can assist each other. But if you don't want this business offer kindly forget it and I will not contact you again.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit both of us, as the regional manager of the International Commercial Bank; it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office in the capital city (Accra-Ghana) at the end of each year. On the course of the last year 2007 end of last year report, I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made three million seven hundred and fifty thousand dollar [3, 750.000.00]which my head office is not aware of it and will never be aware of. I have since place this fund on what we call SUSPENSE ACCOUNT without any beneficiary.

As an official of the bank I can not be directly connected to this fund, so this informed me of contacting you for us to work, so that you can assist and receive this fund into your bank account for us to SHARE. Mean While you will have 35% of the total fund, Note there are practically no risk involved, it will be bank to bank transfer, all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of this fund who made the deposit with our branch so that my Head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.

If you accept this offer to work with me, I will appreciate it very much as soon as I receive your response I will give you details on how we can achieve it successfully. Please contact me with this email address: bukar_0006@live.com

Best Regards
Mr. Frank Bukar

One time, I received an Email that i knew wasn't kosher too.The scammer wanted me to help her bilk this deceased rich guy's account out of several million dollars.All in exchange for just $5,000 of the loot.At first, I was going to just delete the message, but decided to do some cross-checking of it first.The bank was real, so I pretended to fall for the scheme.Soon, the female scammer gave me her 'name' and position title (she claimed to work at the targeted bank).I emailed the bank's customer service and give them a rundown of the correspondence.After that, I broke off contact with the lady.Either way, her scam failed. :lol:NOTE: She never recieved any of my personal information; my email account had only pseudo-information to protect my identity. My mother had suggested that type of account setup, and I had been smart enough to follow that advice.Oh, another scammer tried to trick me out of my info. He refused to seek help from Amnesty Intl., yet insisted I give him my information. That was a political prisioner scam, by the way. It didn't work, either.Lastly, I've recieved a few of those email-type scams in my Postal Mail before. Yeesh.....

Edited by Eye_of_Wonder (see edit history)

Ah, good old 419 scams...for those actually interested in giving these folks a run for their money, I suggest taking a look at 419 BAITER, a pretty good (if a little crude, so don't click unless you can handle the odd expletive) site that drives the ever growing number of people trying to con naive folk out of their money utterly mad in an attempt to use as many of their resources as possible in thinking they can actually get some cash out of you.

It certainly amused me for a little while, anyway, and some of the stories posted there are fantastic reads...

There's also 419 Eater, which amuses me on basically the same level.

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

That's weird. Falling off on a scam like that, you must be very, very naive. I didn't reply to any scammer 'till now, but I'll try to see the 419 Baiter site and bait them phishers! :)

Also, there was a story recently where a woman fell for it and lost 200 mil. pounds or somethin' like that. I feel sorry for her :)