xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiniMen

Education Hardships Discuss what we can do to help others through what can be a long and i

Case 1. I believe that to many people today have just given up on school and education. For instance many people i know just don't try. They are perfectly capable of doing well, but they have decided not to work. A lot of these people have given up i would say around 4-6th grade and if it isn't dealt with quickly it becomes habit and then everything gets harder as teachers start to label these kids and then they just get shunned from proper education. In the USA now it is very hard to get a good job without an education at least through high school. These people who then don't get an education are forced to a hard life that can sometimes include the use of drugs and robbery. People need to be helped through the hard times in life. Some people need more help then others. All it takes is an extension of yourself as a person to help them through there education so that they can have a much easier life. Case 2. After people have gotten through high school what happens if they can't pay for tuition and perhaps didn't do well enough to get a good scholarship? I believe that a lot of talent is waisted when people are limited by the amount of money they have or when they can't get the scholarship, because they didn't do the best in their class.I am asking for your input on reasons people would have these hardships. Can we really help these people? What kind of practices would helping them out be? Can the government do anything to help or is it all the individuals fault?Thank you.

It is disappointing to see that there are people who, despite the opportunity, just give up on studying. A lot of kids around the world don't get a chance, some even have that right for education taken away from them. Those who cannot afford to pay, or aren't able to get scholarships usually resort to other stuff. Some of these kids work part-time in order for them to be able to pay for their own tuition fees or buy stuff they need for school. The problem with this is that it takes a LOT of energy and time from these kids. Instead of having their extra time for playing, like all kids should, they spend it working themselves off. It's emotionally, physically and mentally draining. In the end, the result is that the person can't concentrate in class and there are those who would just give up their schooling and just work instead because it's the better option between the two.It's not only about those "less fortunate" ones who aren't able to get themselves a good education, but you also have to consider the educational system itself. In my country, there's already a problem with regards to what is being taught to the youngsters. Problems with science, math, and of course english. Of course one has to consider that it also depends on the individual's capacity to learn and absorb what is being taught to him/her, but even if they can do well, if what is being taught to them is wrong, then all of their efforts can be put to waste. This can be traced back to the teachers themselves. You can say that the teachers are only there to guide these students, but if the teacher is not as competent, the students won't be able to learn enough.I think it has to be a joint effort from the government, the educational system, the parents and the students themeselves in order for these hardships to be lessened. There should be enough funds to help these students finish their studies. There may be those who are willing to lend a helping hand and offer scholarships to deserving individuals taking into consideration the kid's family's finacial background (whether they can really afford or not). In my country, there are secondary schools that are government-subsidized (I'd rather use that term instead of public school), which means the students don't have to pay any tuition fees. Of course, the downside to that can be the quality of education taught in such schools (although there are schools like that who excel more compared to private schools in terms of educational quality). The government should also make sure that what is being taught in schools are above standards or these kids won't have enough with them when they go in college. Parents should also provide guidance to their kids and make sure they get the support they need. On the personal level, one should exert a lot of effort in order to finish the studies. This is the part in their lives where they are trained in a lot of aspects that will improve their skills and abilities which can be used later in life.