xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiniMen

Genetic Disabilities Talk about rare genetic diseases hindering peoples everyday life and t

Hey have you guys ever heard of a rare lysosomal storage disease called mps 6? Well it is very rare and only about 4 in a million people have it. It starts out with storage of complex sugars in the joints of the body. As you get older your stature would be shorter than average. Your fingers start to curve and it can cause compression of the spinal cord. Eventually if untreated it leads to death. It is caused by the lack of an enzyme that breaks down complex sugar chains in the body. Currently today there is a replacement therapy that involves an infusion lasting around 4 hours. It does not cure it, instead it hopefully slows down the process of sugar storage if not halting it completely. This treatment currently would require treatment once a week for life. There is more than one type of Mps and not all have treatment options. These genetic storage diseases cause disability to walk, hear, see, and many more normal day activity.
Do you think that the United States/ the world puts enough money to researching cures for genetic diseases that basically end in death or a completely altered life style? Also do you think that modern day schools and other establishments do enough to accommodate these people in need? Do you know of any other rare diseases like these? If you do you should post them here!

Here is the link to the Mps society website if you wish to learn more.
Mpssociety website

Thanks for reading this post

Diseases like that and many, many, others are very fatal. It's amazing how kids manage to live with that. I don't think I would ever be able to make it. Those are some pretty strong kids out there, no matter what they have. Another really rare disease is Menkes Disease.
http://www.rarediseases.org/search/rdbdetaenkes%20Disease

Edited by ~Nick[; (see edit history)

The diseases which have a low prevalence in the population, generally called rare disease. According to National Institutes of Health (NIH) rare disease are those disease that affects less than 2,00,000 people in the population of US. As MPS 6 affects less than 2,00,000 people in the population of US, so National Institutes of Health listed it as a rare disease.The full name of MPS 6 is “Mucopolysaccharidosis type 6”. It is an inherited biochemical disorder. This disorder is characterized by the accumulation of mucopolysaccharides in various body tissues. In this disorder There are many symptoms are listed for MPS 6, but the main symptoms may be considered as Hip dysplasia, Growth retardation (Poor growth), Short stature, Skeletal deformities, Valvular heart disease etc. There are few occasional symptoms too, like Cervical myopathy, Enlarged tongue, Glaucoma, Hearing impairment, Hydrocephalus, Large head, Thickening of cervical dura matter etc.

That is very interesting! I had not heard of that disability.I learned about two genetic disorders that occur due to a problem during meiosis, which is the division of a diploid cell which produces four haploid cells. These cells are what become the sex cells (egg and sperm) that create a person. There are two parts: meiosis I and meiosis II. During each part, chromosomes separate and are pulled to opposite ends of the cell. If this happens correctly, it is called disjunction, but if they do not separate and are pulled together to one end of the cell, it is called nondisjunction.Down syndrome is characterized by features such as a broad face, narrow, up slanting eyes, and a large tongue. It leads to retardation and often disorders of the heart and gastrointestinal tract. It occurs when a person has an extra 21st chromosome; therefore, it is also called Trisomy 21. There is a critical region on this chromosome, and when it is present in three more copies, it results in the phenotype for Down syndrome. This usually happens due to nondisjunction during meiosis. More than 95% of these division errors are maternal, and most of them occur in older women and during meiosis I. Most of the paternal errors occur during meiosis II, and age has little effect.Edwards syndrome is another genetic disorder that arises when there is an extra copy of a chromosome. It occurs when there are three copies of chromosome 18 and is also called Trisomy 18. It is the second most common genetic disorder in humans after Down syndrome. Like Down syndrome, it causes mental retardation, but children with Edwards syndrome die early and rarely live more than one year. This syndrome is characterized by low set ears, deformed fingers, narrow nose, a receding jaw, and various heart defects. These defects include Ventricular Septal Defect in which there is a hole between the lower chambers of the heart which prevents the heart from pumping blood correctly, Atrial Septal Defect in which there is a hole between the two upper chambers of the heart which makes it difficult for the heart to pump sufficient oxygen-rich blood to the body?s tissues, and Patent Ductus Arteriosus in which closure of a duct fails to occur, resulting in abnormal direction of blood flow.

Genetics and disabilities.

Genetic Disabilities

Are all genetic disorders disablities? I have have the Profuse Polyposis variation of Familial Adenomatos Polyposis (FAP). I am missing almost 100% of exons 1-15, whi I also don't understande what that means. Does anyone else know what any of this means? Or, if it's considered a disability? I'm not quite sure. I know exons are the coating on the DNA, if I read that right. Just to let you know, FAP is a disorder were my body believes that it is meant to create polyps I mainy mycolon and rectum. (Also in the stomach, the small intestine, the brain, the skin,the panrease, the mouth, the thyroid, and the bones.) Any help is greatly appreciated!

-question by Amanda Miller

======ADMIN REPLY=======

I believe a HUMAN BODY is the best teacher and it knows the best about itself. Usually whenever a body does have any type of inconvenience, it reports it immediately. However, due to human mind being continuously kept active in past or future thoughts and stress do not let these messages to your attention.

I recommend simple breathing exersises and self observing. Try observing your breath and just feel its natural rhythm. You will feel better within minutes :)

-Shree (Xisto.com)

Hello everybody,

first, come on everybody to put put some light upon the concepts we are talking about. Very important thing to br done, because these concepts are the foundation of our beliefs.

And one more thing to remember, the top researcher have their own language. As they transmit their discoveryies through the media, lots of distortion accured upon the info. Best example is given by this doctor Bruce Lipton in his movie when he says: That, scientist discovered a gene associated with X disorder on new born baby. After that, he watched closely the media titles and discovered a title saying: Scientist find a gene responsable for X disorder. When a team of reporters goes into a clinic and ask the mother with babyies: While you are pregnant, you have a test and it confirms that your baby has these gene associated with the X disorder what would you do? And an important percent answered they would opt for an abortion.

The point is: nobody said, the gene causes X disorder; only that it is associated with the presence of the disorder.

Dr. Bruce Lipton, was one of the top researcher in America. Now, he teaches about the truth not the beliefs of human biology.

Visit his website Bruce Lipton's web page - Think beyond your genes he made some movies and radio on the Laura Lee show, some books, you got it, lots of material, search for it or buy it.

Part B

Our cellular theory begins with Pasteur. And, with Bechamp.

Both of them very important.

Please visit these websites Bechamp - second paragraph - very important. In adition we have these short presentation of some differences of view between Pasteur and Bechamp here Pasteur & vs & Bechamp

Pasteur and Bechamp are like for 100 years gone. But the theoryies and beliefs of Pasteur are the one which sculpted modern medicine, vaccination and the entire medichal system. The same thing happend with the guys wich wanted to chart the DNA. THey believed, they made an asumption. The asumption that the DNA is responsable for who we are withh the goods and lesser goods. But, here 20, 30, 60 years later in our books of biology, through the entire world is written: genes control the organism, control who we are.

Fact wich is not entirely true. Why? Please watch Dr Bruce Lipton's movies.

I watched it many times, because there is very much acurate information in that movie, and more important to understand how it influences me.

Hope you will have a great time reding and watching the materials proposed above. Let me know what you think about this.

All the best everybody.

======

the human body can teach you if you can hear his signals; he can warn you very early about what is hapening inside if you are carefull. Yes, the simple exercise of wathcing you breathing can be very good.Longer you practice, better knowledge of your body and mind occurs. Also, the heart is a very good indicator about your state of health as he is your engine and it carry all the information through your body. What do you want your blood to carry? What kind of info/ signals you want your blood/cells/ to carry to your body cells/ organs? I hate you, I don't like you, I am angry, I envy or I am calm, happy, healthy, prosperos and son on?

Heart math - how to grasp it

======

@Shree - how do you recognise the natural rhythm?

Genetics and disabilities.

Genetic Disabilities

Are all genetic disorders disablities? I have have the Profuse Polyposis variation of Familial Adenomatos Polyposis (FAP). I am missing almost 100% of exons 1-15, whi I also don't understande what that means. Does anyone else know what any of this means? Or, if it's considered a disability? I'm not quite sure. I know exons are the coating on the DNA, if I read that right. Just to let you know, FAP is a disorder were my body believes that it is meant to create polyps I mainy mycolon and rectum. (Also in the stomach, the small intestine, the brain, the skin,the panrease, the mouth, the thyroid, and the bones.) Any help is greatly appreciated!

-question by Amanda Miller

======ADMIN REPLY=======

I believe a HUMAN BODY is the best teacher and it knows the best about itself. Usually whenever a body does have any type of inconvenience, it reports it immediately. However, due to human mind being continuously kept active in past or future thoughts and stress do not let these messages to your attention.

I recommend simple breathing exersises and self observing. Try observing your breath and just feel its natural rhythm. You will feel better within minutes :)

-Shree (Xisto.com)

Hi, I have some information about Pompe disease,it is a metabolic muscle disease because it shares the symptoms of progressive muscle weakness and loss of muscle wasting, with many different neuro muscular disorders that includes muscular dystrophies. I think U.S government will spend money to research on this type of diseases.---------Ricky Conway