xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

My Amber Eyes. . . Again

So I figured that it might be better if I sent you all a picture of my eyes

Posted Image

Okay, so now that we are clear on what my eyes look like, I have olive skin (hard to tell because of the flash) and blonde hair.

I want my eyes to look as big as possible. And I want them to look as amber as possible.

Please tell me, because in the last topic like this I posted, I didn't get much feed back.

Thanks.

Well to bring out the amber I would say get contact's that make them even darker or brighter, but in your case you would want to make them complete amber since the outside of your eyes are not complete amber. As for the make up method no idea but you could check out those make up counter places.

That is weird. Not your eyes. For me looking at a picture of what I saw in the mirror every morning growing up. The point is that way back then I asked my sister the same question (she was into make-up and I wasn't so much) and she had a make-up solution. She pulled out this handy color chart thing she had gotten from one of these mail-order make-up places and dialed in the various factors; skin tone, hair color, and eye color. Except when it came to eye color instead of dialing up hazel she set it for brown eyes and used those colors. It worked, it brought out the amber center. As I recall the colors were bronze and ochre variants. I guess the real point is that there is a make-up solution for your question. You could experiment with those colors to find something that works but for your best colors you should probably find a make-up artist or find one of those color wheels. Or both.

I have "pure" amber eyes, which I always thought where gold-brown...... My Amber Eyes. . . AgainMy boyfriend at the time used to take pictures alot and he was good, artist as well. I was looking out the window and the light hits them and SNAP! He took a picture of me with a close up of my eyes. When he showed me the photo he said "now you know what I see, why I'm always loving your eyes". I must admit, they did look really cool and I guess I just never noticed. Now I realize why when I'm cutting or doing a client they are always looking straight at my eyes constantly. I'm not being arrogant, but I must say that I have realized how unique and rare they are and how much they stand out. So now I know how to position myself at all times to make them POP! I will say it's great for the tips. And I always say "thank You" when someone complements me on my eyes. I just always feel special having them. It is a gift of the creator. And it gets me in and around places ALOT! So if you have them always remember that just a few of us have them and how rare you are, it's a gift!-reply by Douglas Shoumat

Thos eyes are hazel,...My Amber Eyes. . . Again

Those eyes are hazel not amber. Amber eyes are clearly gold from a distance (specifically close up) have bits of yellow and orange and an undertone of brown that keeps you looking for invisible bits of red that you will never find. Amber eyes are very rare so don't feel bad. The point being your eyes are hazel. There is no other colors noticeable in Amber eyes except for those colors and you will never find the red. There is no green in Amber eyes nor blue nor gray for the plenty of others that seem to be confused. 

http://media.photobucket.com/user/black_roses1338/media/Amber_eyes.Jpg.html?filters%5bterm%5d=amber%20eyes&filters%5bprimary%5d=images

This picture is actually what Amber eyes really looks like. Literally so close to this that it can not be mistaken. In the eye there is orange/gold not green. I don't mean to be mean lol eye color does not matter. I just thought you should be informed that it's not your eye color (no sarcasm intended). Hazel eyes are very attractive but Amber eyes are extremely rare. My father and older brother both have Amber eyes and it is actually just like that picture but that picture might be slightly brighter. I'm sorry you got confused lol. They are called wolf eyes for a reason!  How some people can even confuse hazel with amber is beyond me but it seems to happen more then you think! :)

-reply by monica

I have dark green eyes...i would suggest since you have an olive skin tone try to get a "glowing" makeup. If you have ever seen those commercials of victorias secret, there are these woman with olive eyes. They have amber eyes. and you can see a little bit of makeup marks on them...very subtle though. They use make up. but not too much and not a little. just buy some over the counter. I might not help that much but make up always make those eyes SHINE OUT.

Yes, your eyes are Hazel, however there's enough 'amber' in there where similar color combinations may work.... I have full amber eyes, but I've noticed that either opposites (purples/magentas), gold shades and smokey make up make them pop out more... however, when I'm indoors and in uniform (I'm in the Army) they appear more green since green surrounding it makes them lose their gold. I guess since I HAVE to wear natural tones at work, they still maintain a bit of their gold. Lesson: Don't use green shades or your green part will stand out as opposed to the light brown.

So I figured that it might be better if I sent you all a picture of my eyes

Posted Image

Okay, so now that we are clear on what my eyes look like, I have olive skin (hard to tell because of the flash) and blonde hair.

I want my eyes to look as big as possible. And I want them to look as amber as possible.

Please tell me, because in the last topic like this I posted, I didn't get much feed back.

Thanks.

You do know your eyes are HAZEL right? Not amber.

Thos eyes are hazel,...My Amber Eyes. . . Again

Those eyes are hazel not amber. Amber eyes are clearly gold from a distance (specifically close up) have bits of yellow and orange and an undertone of brown that keeps you looking for invisible bits of red that you will never find. Amber eyes are very rare so don't feel bad. The point being your eyes are hazel. There is no other colors noticeable in Amber eyes except for those colors and you will never find the red. There is no green in Amber eyes nor blue nor gray for the plenty of others that seem to be confused.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This picture is actually what Amber eyes really looks like. Literally so close to this that it can not be mistaken. In the eye there is orange/gold not green. I don't mean to be mean lol eye color does not matter. I just thought you should be informed that it's not your eye color (no sarcasm intended). Hazel eyes are very attractive but Amber eyes are extremely rare. My father and older brother both have Amber eyes and it is actually just like that picture but that picture might be slightly brighter. I'm sorry you got confused lol. They are called wolf eyes for a reason! How some people can even confuse hazel with amber is beyond me but it seems to happen more then you think! :)

-reply by monica

Yes actually, and very scientifically, they are amber. Just because 2 different people have different -shades- of blue does NOT mean one does not have blue. A color is a hue. Amber can very very easily contain a contrast of shades from a dark orange/red all the way up to a gold-ish *tint* ( amber and gold is not the same color by any means.). Amber in the iris requires a specific protein to manifest that color. Hazel eyes are green to brown. Where there is yellow, the base color of the eye is either blue or green with the addition of an unlikely protein causing the color to be amber. And this protein may not be fully diffused. An iris may have so much Lipochrome near the pupil that it may appear closer to a dark orange or red, like copper. Normally, an amber iris lacks Lipochromes toward the iris perimeter, exposing the original iris color in a lack of that protein, either blue or green. Hazel eyes have NO Lipochromes. They have a *hue of color* called brown. Brown and amber aren't even close on the color wheel. Hazel eyes are a simple mixture of blue/green and brown. Brown is cause by melanin. Lastly, just my opinion, It seems like people with amber eyes COMMONLY have what they call an olive skin tone. Just remember, Amber can come in a tint or shade, but a different hue leads you to hazel.

the difference is the greens and flecks of other colors. i have amber eyes, ignoring the makeup and crap, theyre straight gold and orange no green or other colors. theyre in the flash, so it's kind of awkward but there. hazel is better for makeup though because you can highlight the greens or other flecks or the golds, whichever you want to do. Posted Image