xisto Community
csp4.0

My Website!

Personally, I don't see much of a correlation between the design (with is fine, albeit a little empty) and Command and Conquer 3. I would more readily imagine a green layout, rather than blue (as it seems to be a recurring color in the game). Additionally, your "about" and "links" hyperlinks don't function properly, though I like your Deus Ex reference in the site's file structure (that is, putting everything in a folder called "daedalus").The forums look fine, although I have some difficulty reading the title text, since it kind of blends with the background.Not bad, but not eye-grabbing, I'm afraid. Of course, that is just my personal opinion. ^_^

Site looks good but here are a few suggestions. First of all, i like the header but the name of your site is very small and thus hard to see / remember. I would incorporate it into the header design a bit more so that it stands out. Next, i would put the links on the left instead of the right since its a more common placement and those who are computer illiterate will be able to use your site better.

Personally, I don't see much of a correlation between the design (with is fine, albeit a little empty) and Command and Conquer 3. I would more readily imagine a green layout, rather than blue (as it seems to be a recurring color in the game). Additionally, your "about" and "links" hyperlinks don't function properly, though I like your Deus Ex reference in the site's file structure (that is, putting everything in a folder called "daedalus").
The forums look fine, although I have some difficulty reading the title text, since it kind of blends with the background.

Not bad, but not eye-grabbing, I'm afraid. Of course, that is just my personal opinion. ^_^

I'm just making another website, didn't have anytime to make a "temporary replacement" so I just found a random template and used that...

But in few more days the "real" site should be up...

The new one is build especially for Firefox and even though it will be tested on IE, it might not display as good...

The new one will have auto-switching backgrounds, auto-switching header images and even a Warhammer 40,000 quote of the moment!

"Daedalus" ain't based on Deux Ex, just that I don't like generic (images/bg/{filename}.{extension} etc) and I just finished watching Stargate Atlantis episode "Be All my sins Remember'd" and was thinking of the BC-302 Daedalus and just thought to use that as name, also check the .js files there's oddysey and something else, all Stargate references...

Site looks good but here are a few suggestions. First of all, i like the header but the name of your site is very small and thus hard to see / remember. I would incorporate it into the header design a bit more so that it stands out. Next, i would put the links on the left instead of the right since its a more common placement and those who are computer illiterate will be able to use your site better.

Yeah, the sidebar will be easily moved to the left (either change the content to float:right; or sidebar to float:left;)
The header text if any larger for some reason ruins the design of the page (everything goes out of order and stuff)

Easy to read, good layout and most of all SIMPLE DESIGN, what i cannot stand in a website is an over complicated design where you have to hunt for 2 or 3 minutes to find the link to the contact section or forum (if they have one). Well done and I'm sure you will find somewhere to improve or just keep building to it!And you're about page and links page are under construction? Or is the link dodged up...Just thought I'd let you know anyway!

Edited by chappill (see edit history)