xisto Community
csp4.0

My Website!

Ok, my website was online for not quite a while now, but I haven't showed you my site yet!

Ok, my site is http://www.obelisk.co.nr/
or if you want to it is also http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It is XHTML 1.0 Strict so people who criticize people because their website cannot validated (like me) my site does VALIDATE! although I don't think CSS will validate...

Anyhoo... my forums are at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ so it would be great if you could join or something.

So any suggestions? Queries? etc?

Ads placement tip:You should personalize your adsense ad template so it matches your site's design. (get rid of the borders at least)Also include the banners in a nice location inside or near the content so you'll get some clicks.If you're beginning a site make sure to skip the ads part and keep the site ads-free for a while... attracts people :PCheers^^

ok, i'll try those suggestions. The advertisements aren't that obtrusive in my opinion, none of that 'you are the 999,999th visitor' crap. ButI really don't want to go ads free... Because after a while, when I do get ads then everybody will complain and stuff...I'm not only a C&C fan you know, I also like Warhammer 40k Dawn of war (and board game) and supreme commander.anyway, my forums is dead, it would be great if someone could revive it again...

I must admit, the advertisements doesn't really look that bad, and they really blend quite nicely. I like the theme and the template, though I must say, I'd really like to see a nice logo up there in the blue, rather than just text. It's difficult to see exactly what the site is about at first glance. That's my suggestion.

Nice site, add more content to get the traffic follwing in.When I tried to view the forum, all I saw was a set of errors, the theme you've use looks pretty. Fix the errors as soon as possible.

Oh, I just fixed those errors. I made a mistake when I was trying to add a 'global announcement' mod for the forum thing. It is fixed now... Yes... I really need to orient the site to one thing rather than a set of things. But anyhoo... back to the coding board on dreamweaver...

First off, let me just say that I myself am also a huge fan of C&C (NOD) and 40K.Now, back on topic. The layout is incredibly smooth and flows very nicely. As SkyStormKuja said, the advertisements do blend in very well. In fact, I didn't even notice there were advertisements present until I started looking for them. The one thing I have to complain about is that I found it difficult for my eyes to transition between the shade of blue on your site (which I love) and the darker blue shade(s) you have on your forums. At first it gave my eyes a shock, but (even though I got used to the look of the forum after a while) I couldn't help but think that if your forum could use the same blue your website header uses, that it would look MUCH better.

Well, I like GDI and Daemonhunters (Ordo Malleus)Anyhoo... Thanks, I'm not really a 'layout' person. My previous website attempts never flowed... One page would be white, another red, and the forums orange or something like that...But I now really like ambient themes, which is why I made the front page like that. But to be honest I am not good at making images (i never get them like I want them to be) I might just make the frontpage a bit darker (dodge tool most likely will do the trick)...

Good job bro. I've been scrolling through some of these web designs here. You actually got my attention. Good design. I have a couple complaints however. Lol, sorry... don't use "Papyrus" typeface please. Way overused and doesn't fit your website. Top left corner "Obelisk". Take the time out of the title. I have my own watch. Take off the date. Other than that, I dig it.

A very clean layout which makes reading your site an ease on the eyes. Though it lacks any real CSS creativity, for e.g. your link hovers are a simple underline, or an underline disappears. Lacks any real design to actually convince me to appreciate its beauty. You have already gotten off to a good start, so why not build it on and finish off with a classy and attractive look?

Well I like it however I would suggest that you move that time in the header since google bots and in fact many other bots may consider this as trap and try to cheat them. So this would be like more SEO optimization I like it. Did you used wordpress for it and have you wrote theme by yourself.

On the other hand I really liked it and I would suggest that you try to gain 250 credits so you would be able to gain your own domain name and by that increase future for your site. Before I obtained new domain I had something like one new visitor each day now there are around 50 vistors (note new visitors) so it improves your site quite though and you should really consider it. <_<

Good Luck, If you would like to exchange links note to me in pm. you can check my site its in signiture or click here

Good luck once more.

I feel the site looks really plane.Too plane and u should change the bg to make it more attractive..The other problem i saw was that the placement of the links were kinda wierd.If u try to put things into boxes it will look way better... <_<just my suggestion!Cheers

yeah that theme is Pluralism. I used it on one of my previous sites, good layout. I like <_<

EDIT:

Your website by the way isnt html strict

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict!Result: Failed validation, 4 Errors
Address: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Result: Failed validation, 4 Errors

Edited by flashy (see edit history)

Site looks simple and cool.... The left side of the top banner, where surfers eye goes straight away needs some attractiveness, Its just a viners hand typed and nothing Special in that..... The design in simplistic, the link color in the banner could be added little blue tint to make it more blend in.....Over all a nice site you have.