xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bird Man

What Do You Use To Build A Web Site ???

what do you use ???html , PHP, Photo shop, css, dream wever or what because i am a big time web person and i am trying to find out whats best to use. right now i use PHoto Shop. I well us micersoft out look at times lol don't ask how i do it but i do lo and they suck but i make some really aewsoem sites in the end. so tell me what you use so i can give it a try thanks guys Have a good day Bird Man

I use Photoshop 7 for graphics, 1st page for the content.I have used them for a long time and I haven't had any problems, I can do everything I want with those programs...

For web pages I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX and for images I use Adobe Photoshop. I think these two software are enough for a website. For file uploading I use Filezilla which is a very good software and free also. Instead of filezilla you can also use Smartftp which is also very good and free. Earlier to Dreamweaver I was using NVU which is free.

for coding pages - dreamweaver mx2004for graphics - photoshop cssometimes for some graphics i need to load fireworks as it integrates with dreamweaver (only for certain features)im usesless at graphics tho.

I do have to say I've taken dives into Dreamweaver and GoLive several times, and unless you are maintaining a large commercial site, not usually personal, neither can still compare to simply coding all your languages yourself. ...Dreamweaver and GoLive do allow you to do this, but I don't seem much point of using them only to do that-

...As there are several programs much more accomodating to this- the most popular among the code world, as it is definately at least one of the oldest in it's class, is BBEdit- which also comes in BBEdit lite. Those two aside there are several other commercial and shareware options, as well as a colossal of absolutely free open source apps that can easily compete with BBEdit- you just must be simply willing to compile the code yourself, or have an application to deal with the compiling for you- both are simple options.

Given the choice between anything, I'll -always- go with those mentioned in the second paragraph. Open source applications are incredibly easy to find- though I use Fink Commander and https://sourceforge.net/ for finding the most reliable and useful ones.

i use photoshop to create all of my graphics, but i am hoping to buy PSP (eventually) and i do all of my html in notepad, and i also occasionally use smartFTP. i have macromedia dreamweaver, but i never use that because i prefer using the straight coding to designing it.

For graphics, I use Photoshop CS and Fireworks MX 2004. The batch function in Fireworks is particular useful. For PHP, I used Komodo, Ultraedit and Dreamweaver. Komodo is a little bit clumsy, Ultraedit often will do. Frontpage is totally useless. For uploading, FlashFXP is my choice.

I use Dreamweaver MX 2004 with Fireworks MX 2004. It's fast and easy especially when editing graphics. For ftp I using Dreamweaver bulit in FTP. Nowadays I seldom use Photoshop for graphics unless I am resizing very big images as Fireworks is just to slow when working on big graphics.For motion, I use Flash MX 2004. Hardly work create gif animations since flash grown very popular. Maybe someday, someone will write a software handle most task in web instead of using so many stuffs. I simply to lazy to switch back and fro all the time.

I use two different editors.. notepad and Macromedia Dreameaver MX. I use either Microsoft Paint or Macromedia Fireworks MX for images.:rolleyes:..I wanna get photoshop soon, maybe next year in college.

for me, i use dreamweaver for my html. a very good program for amateurs to start havin websites. bcos of its WYSIWYG concept.for graphics, fireworks and photoshop. great for image editing with lots of features and effects.. again, no need to be a pro to achieve great results with these programs...