xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bluebear

Things That Are Typical...

I want to know things that are typical for your country - typical for you. I am really bad at explaining things, but I hope you all understand a bit more after reading my little list. :P Hehe. Every country have things that are typical for that country, or that country is known for. And on your list you add those things that are typical things about you again. Oh god, hard to explain. Just read the damn list and write your own, okey? =) Or... yes, just try.NorwayI love VikingsI was born with skis onI know how to pronounce fjordI own a bunad. (Actually two...)I do not get cold easyI have blue eyesI believe in freedom of religionI love waterfallsI love mountainsI am not SwedishI can understand and speak Swedish and DanishI am used with the fact that things are expensiveI love snow, but I am quite used with rainI hope you understand the meaning. You need to kind of thing of things that are typical about your country and people living there, and then choose some (or all) of the things that also shows how you are. ^^

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

Well, here in South Africa, we have this list of things that is typical here : 1) Rugby is more important that work.2) We invented Braai.3) Our national anthem contains 4 languages in one.4) If your car is stolen, you can probably by its tyres back a few blocks further5) We have huge walls around our houses to keep criminals out6) Our police force is more corrupt that our jail-cells.7) Our army is looking for more men8) People here refer to plurals of certain things as animes, pokemons, sheeps...9) We hurt the black people in our country with a thing called apartheid. Now it's happening the other way aroundThis isn't really what you meant I think. Let's see : 1) I don't have a single poster in my room in my own language.2) I don't have a single CD in my room in my own language.3) I dislike the top two.4) I am probably the only South African that doesn't like Rugby.5) I own a Fiets.6) I am also probably the only one who can say grap, and not make it sound like "grab" with a p.7) I have never seen snow in my life.8) I live on a huge platue.9) Whenever I visit friends they are either a) Watching Rugby, :P Drinking beer, c) Eating braaivleis.10) I can only speak 2 of the 11 official languages of my country. =PThat's about it. Go figure. ^^