xisto Community
Jesse

Php Rediret Script

Ok, what I am trying to do is this. Re-direct a domain name called: avalon.asn.au to preschool.stmarksavalon.org.au

I have created a script that will re-direct within the a folder. However, the avalon.asn.au and stmarksavalon.org.au are PARKED Domains.

Any ideas on how to create this PHP Redirect Script please?

Yeah that is the PHP Script I already have. But the issue is it needs to go from one parked domain to another sub-domain on another parked domain and the avalon.asn.au does NOT have its own folder to insert the current PHP Script that I have.

The actual working code I have is:

<?$URL="http://preschool.avalon.anglican.asn.au";header ("Location: $URL");?>

However there needs to be the link in thee from avalon.asn.au to re-direct to the link in the code above.
Edited by Jesse (see edit history)

Wait a minute... the avalon.asn.au is a Subdomain, so the nameservers can't be changed.Could you create a folder for avalon.asn.au and add the index file with the redirect to that folder??? Creating the subdomain creates a folder for the subdomain, does it not? It does in Cpanel.

That can't be done. The web host is the Anglican Church, the Minister I know is wanting me to help him with this but because of the limited access in the cPanel and so on, its making it hard and having to write a full php re-direction instead of just the simple re-direction which I already had made.

You'll need to modify the Index page of the receiving Domain to write the redierct for you.Need the php script for that? I have a similar script handy.

Try this:

<?phpif ($_SERVER[HTTP_HOST] == 'avalon.asn.au') { // avalon.asn.au	header('Location: http://preschool.stmarksavalon.org.au');}?>

*EDIT*

I guess it didn't work, so I suggest you ask the nice Minister to allow you to add-on the Domain to the right place. That would be the best solution (overall). Might not be the simplest, but Google and the Bots might not like the double re-direct, first to the Parked Domain and then to the sub-domain. It would be best to get better SEO and to shorten the download time, etc.

I just ended up telling him to spend the extra few dollars a month and host the pre-school on a seperate account. Which after a LOT of talking he finally agreed. Some people just have no idea what they are asking of people, it is so annoying at times.