xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blood&CLASSIQUE

Charged For Free Customer Service To Fix Cell Phone

This is referring to my cell phone problem...the LCD screen being cracked and supposedly getting repaired! I had to pay an estimate fee of $50 but they never told me they were going to use it for LONG DISTANCE calling to order the screen. I remember them saying it was for the screen and repair because the screen is usually $50-$70 (+repair fee). And I'm so mad that I can't get my money back. Maybe I'm being a child about this, but you've got to see this from my prespective (ok maybe not...)! I just feel, they could of e-mail Rogers to order the screen or the other companies to ask for the screen. Also, I specifcally told them that my phone work PERFECTLY FINE but they had to look at it anyways and they costed my money as well...:'(

Notice from opaque:
TITLE CHANGED FROM : Totally Cheated Of My Money! TO: Charged for free Customer Service to fix Cell phone

...but they never told me they were going to use it for LONG DISTANCE calling to order the screen.

Wait, what? They—a phone company—used your cell phone to order the replacement LCD screen and charged you for making the call? That's not right. Plus, they're a phone company—they should have plenty of phones themselves to order the screen. I'd argue for that money back.

Yeah that does not sound right, I know there are so many crocked businesses out there. When rules or ethical practices aren't followed like this that gets to me. I'm sorry for your loss but like truefusion said it may pay to try and get some of your money back. You have nothing to lose other then a few minutes of your time talking to them?good luck with getting your money back.

Wait, what? They—a phone company—used your cell phone to order the replacement LCD screen and charged you for making the call? That's not right. Plus, they're a phone company—they should have plenty of phones themselves to order the screen. I'd argue for that money back.

No the repair company I left my phone to. They called places to get screens and they used the estimate money for the calls. Which I find unfair because they shouldn't charge for the calls!

No the repair company I left my phone to. They called places to get screens and they used the estimate money for the calls. Which I find unfair because they shouldn't charge for the calls!

Ah, okay. So basically they got the screen for free but used the $50 for the phone calls and for themselves? Interesting sneaky way to make business.

If you had provision of taking out your SIM card (if your phone supports that) then you should have taken that out before you giving the phone out for repair. And in the future too, please ensure that you atleast get your outgoings barred before you hand over your phone to anyone, even if it is the phone company.

This is referring to my cell phone problem...the LCD screen being cracked and supposedly getting repaired! I had to pay an estimate fee of $50 but they never told me they were going to use it for LONG DISTANCE calling to order the screen. I remember them saying it was for the screen and repair because the screen is usually $50-$70 (+repair fee). And I'm so mad that I can't get my money back. Maybe I'm being a child about this, but you've got to see this from my prespective (ok maybe not...)! I just feel, they could of e-mail Rogers to order the screen or the other companies to ask for the screen. Also, I specifcally told them that my phone work PERFECTLY FINE but they had to look at it anyways and they costed my money as well...:'(

Notice from opaque:
TITLE CHANGED FROM : Totally Cheated Of My Money!
TO: Charged for free Customer Service to fix Cell phone

IMO, that is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. 1st of all, free customer service.. LOL and you had to pay.. i suppose you didn't pay labour tho.
2nd, why would they use your cell for long distance calling to order the screen? An email would have done fine, or at least use the phone in the store.. LOL i feel sorry for you.

Hi!

I feel the need to clarify an issue here - the phone company did NOT use the phone to make the calls.

However, they did run up a $50 phone bill and charge the customer the $50. In the end, the phone was not fixed - the $50 was simply the estimation fee.

...but the idea of using customers' cell phones to make phone calls sounds like a really wicked idea. :P

Regards,
Nitin

If you had provision of taking out your SIM card (if your phone supports that) then you should have taken that out before you giving the phone out for repair. And in the future too, please ensure that you atleast get your outgoings barred before you hand over your phone to anyone, even if it is the phone company.

These days who actually pays for long distance calls? All cell phones now feature domestic long distance calls included with the "air time" or "peak time" usages. Which company actually charge separate long distance rate these days? Perhaps that's the first sign you're with the wrong company.Even if they used their own telephone line (not using your actual cell phone to call long distance) it's still preposterous to pass mere few dollars to the customer. That's your sign right there. It's time to change.

These days who actually pays for long distance calls? All cell phones now feature domestic long distance calls included with the "air time" or "peak time" usages. Which company actually charge separate long distance rate these days? Perhaps that's the first sign you're with the wrong company.
Even if they used their own telephone line (not using your actual cell phone to call long distance) it's still preposterous to pass mere few dollars to the customer. That's your sign right there. It's time to change.

Apart from the cell phone plans, there are also services like SkypeOut and JustVoIP that offer really cheap rates for long distance and international calls. With $10, you can make international calls to manufacturing plants in India and China, and talk for 5 hours! I doubt it would take longer than 5 hours on the phone to actually get the parts needed to repair a cell phone.

It sounds ridiculous to me.They had no right to use your phone toorder the part.It sounds like a right hack amateur job.Al you can do is complain and go through all the bureaucracyto get it sorted out. Best of luck

Apart from the cell phone plans, there are also services like SkypeOut and JustVoIP that offer really cheap rates for long distance and international calls. With $10, you can make international calls to manufacturing plants in India and China, and talk for 5 hours! I doubt it would take longer than 5 hours on the phone to actually get the parts needed to repair a cell phone.

first of all charges depend on the country in which the cell is to be serviced. Next, the type of problem to be sorted out. Then export tax may also be charged. Considering all these, I feel, getting a new phone is better when compared to servicing a damaged phone.