xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karlosantana

An Automatic Smf Forum Creator I cant think oif what else to call it

Hi there, as the title says im wanting to make something like this
I've seen the automated scripts about heres one SMF isn't a must I have seen one for Yabb but I've heard things about it so i probably wont be using it!

Do you want to use a single DB or multiple ones. This can be done both ways.

Just copy the SMF files to the directory, Modify the CONFIG file to include DB details and admin user details & run your own DB Creator script.

You can study the SMF Installer Script install.php for hints.

If you want to use the same DB for multiple installations make sure you set different object prefixes for DB objects in the CONFIG file of the SMF and the DB itself for each installation

EXAMPLE:

Installation 1:

Object Prefix: i1

Object Names: i1_

Installation 2:

Object Prefix: i2

Object Names: i2_

Hmm That helps Thankyou, but I was after a multi forum hosting script.
Ok i think I know how I'm going to do it, but I need help from someone who can read php and develop it.
The script would create a subdomain using this? then it would automatically run a MySQL query using something like this with the variables submitted in a submit form, which would also create a subdomain using the same principle.

Now heres where I'm struggling how the files are copied automaticaly then the MySQL details already filled in then it takes the user straight to the Admin account creator
Basically a multi forum host I've tried googleing it but there all like $69 and I haven't got the money :P
Anyone seen any Open Source ones?

I'm sure that I saw something on the SMF website that mentioned a web install, if that's what you mean? I'm not sure exactly what you mean. It isn't that hard to install it though so maybe you should think about doing it the regular way. All you have to do it modify the config file with your settings and you're good to go.