xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thewebkid

Freelance Web And Graphic Designer

After years of not practicing any html or graphic design I have finally made my return. I wasn't that great to start with because I was learning, but that's irrelevant now. Now I am a college student majoring once again in graphic design. Last time I never finished, because of circumstances, but now I am back. It was fun being able to chose web design as one of my classes. My final project got a score of 200 out of 200 possible points. I designed a website for my former youth group back in Ft. Myers, Florida. endtimearmy.bravenet.comIt has been hosted on a free host, since they didn't have the money to pay for it, but all in all I thought it came out good.Ever since then I create a couple of websites, some paid jobs and some not. One of which is my own personal website http://www.adrian-rodriguez.net/ and the one I would like you guys to critique. I have only been doing this since November of 07. I started school in August of 07. So for a newbie at this, especially at CSS I would like your comments and thoughts on it. God Bless,Adrianadrian-rodriguez.net

welcome, Its always great to have more web minded people join our forums. this hosting here is great and there are some very knowledgeable people here if you have any problems maybe we can help you out. Looking forward to see more work from you.

Wow! I like it, simple and clean, the colors are pleasing to the eye... Everything is so smooth! Well done! I've been doing HTML and other web related languages since I was ten, and I STILL can't do quite that good! Haha! Again, very nice!

As a graphic designer, your displaying a statement to your audiance (visitors). An design is more direct then the content and if mismatch content and design, you might lose visitors. Well... I'd say. Drop the gradients. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. I agree but it needs to have an Oompf. Something that stands out but in a subtle way it almost looks a whole. What im trying to tell you is that i hope you Incoperate the ideas, what your trying to say and person you are in your designs more. -- Good luck.

Very nice and clean. Absolutely love the mask you put over your name, very apple-like. The only drawback I would put is the lack of styling on your text. Times New Roman is hardly the font you want to use on a website, and images and links could also be customized to suit your site's theme as well. I am not a very good designer, I just can't translate the kind of creativity designers have in my work, I am more skilled in programming and coding, though I do a lot on websites, I just don't design them.

Your site looks simple and cool..... I hardly see anything that i wanna improve....... Personal taste differs........ I feel the dotten underlines in the right side panel are a bit off the purpose...... your top menu is cool.....Nice simple site overall...... I'm n00bie n00b in web designing, so i can't comment on codes as i don't know them.