xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kobra500

Our School Computer Manager Guy Is An Idiot Php - Databases

I went to the guy and asked him if the computers had php installed, He said they didn't because they need databases.. I tried to convince him that they dont need databases but he be convinced

The network admin at my highschool tried to stop us from messing up the computers so he blocked the command prompt, but never blocked us from making batch files, so we would make our own command.com and we copied admin privileges onto a disk and managed to do everything he tried to stop us from doing.

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

The network admin at my highschool tried to stop us from messing up the computers so he blocked the command prompt, but never blocked us from making batch files, so we would make our own command.com and we coppied admin privliges onto a disk and managed to do everything he tried to stop us from doing.

Same here, there is always ways around it. Batch files, downloading a program you made at home to open cmd, locating it in our networking folder (since it's used for the course) and many other ways. I installed counter-strike and Firefox on the computers i always use after turning off deep freeze too. Then after you're done you just put it back into frozen state and have the technicians wondering how you did it for hours :P (if they notice it) Of course the classical remote shutdown, net send, and local account's are always fun. I put some crazy theme on it and logged off so the log on screen looked all spiffy and the last kid was confused haha :P

heh, in one computer room we had computers that were local machines we used to practice stuff on etc.. We changed the windows 98 (yes they really were 98 machines in the year 2006) default boot up logo/screen to a linux one :P Rather amusing. Firefox and ghostzilla did their rounds, as did VPN software (which one guy had deleted, along with coursework by the admins who were then complained about by everyone, not to mention we got one of our teachers fired on the grounds she was mentally unfit to teach :P)What you wanna do is go to him and say he has two choices. Install PHP on a server because you need it for the coursework you're doing or to allow you to install XAMPP on a local machine. Store a copy of the PHP documentation on your flash drive along with all the install files and README's etc...The only thing he could be thinking about is the MYSQL side of things which of course does need a database. But he doesnt need to install that part, just the PHP parser stuff. You can tell him that too.I hate admins.... They just block everything. Paranoid little freaks.

Well, I think the school computer admins are always morons. I have yet to meet one who knew more about what he was doing than I did. And that would include when I was in elementary school. Now, when I was in elementary school, I didn't know a whole lot about computers at all. It was things that they couldn't figure out like, the mouse's wire was broken or you started it in safe mode.

Of course the classical remote shutdown, net send, and local account's are always fun.

Ahh yes good old net send. That got me a Saturday detention at my school... I was trying to set it up so I could send random messages to different people in the library using the computers, but I didn't realize that it was somehow disabled on all of the user accounts but not on the teacher accounts, so whenever I tried sending something all of the faculty would get my message.... It was pretty funny actually.

My computer manager guy was awesome! Back in my elementary school (a while now), he actually told me to try to figure out methods of getting past site blockers, etc.... it was amazing...

man, computer admins at schools are NOT technicians. They just run around unplugging cables and plugging them back in...One time I remember when one Computer Technician said that he "Re-formatted the CPU" I mean come on! You can;'t reformat the CPU!He also said that he "Needed to 're-align' the jumpers" WTH was that? Re-align the JUMPERS!Anyhoo... many computer technicians don't knwo what they are doing. Prove them wrong!

we had 2 computer guys, and one girl... the girl was good, and she had some good ideas... but the other two just seemed to chase their tails or say the inevitable, 'you can't do that on the school system... how did you do that?' and such...

At my school all the computers... just does not work. The dude that is supposed to fix this, never manages to do so. I am not a genius at this matter, but if he is having so many problems regarding this then get someone else to fix it! He is not the brightest to say it that way...From what I have read above it seems like these computer guys do not know what they are doing. "Just running around unplugging cables and plugging them back in."Good luck world...

Even my teacher didnt like the techs, she was a good teacher too.. Shame she was stuck there lol

The teacher that we got fired was trying to figure out why a computer was "broken" and couldnt connect, or log on to, the network.. I said "have you checked the network cable?" "What one's the network cable" Came a reply.. At which point i was silent in shock

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

At my university we have some experts running our system, I think there was one time when we discovered net send wasn't disabled and it was abused for about a few days then I think someone reported it. Now it doesn't work at all. There was also a flaw with their login system where they would log off their computer and the next user who logged in could just open up the browser and their account was still logged in so they could use that persons internet until that session ran out. I think they fixed that as well. At high school level don't expect your schools system to be secure. Its a different thing at universities where you have so many smart people working there who are responsible for securing the network. They run windows xp and a combination of novell networks or something. I would of thought the combination of a windows server and client would be enough. I don't know why but yeah I'm no expert in that field. The facility they offer is pretty amazing I can access my files from anywhere with an internet connection and a browser and its SSL encryption too.

I really did wish that school computer managers weren't morons...In the TDSB, all computers have the same interface, and the interface refreshes every login. I once accidentally installed Firefox onto C: and couldn't remove it because I couldn't find the directory.I really don't like how shallow the protection is. It would seem that a 20%-experienced hacker could get through it.

seriouslly these guys who work as techs for schools (unless maybe if it is a university) are just losers.There are loads more things you can do if you actually know how to use computers then sit around trying to block sites and clean up school computers.The people that do it are just very basic tech people. They most likely read a few manuals and Networking Computers for Dummys and got the job because no self respecting tech would touch it.I have NEVER met one who knows exactly whats up and frankly most of them seem to not even be able to do the basic part of their job.Even colleges have losers for techs. My GF goes to a community college where their tech couldn't figure out which class was downloading mp3s so he gave up and blocked all the computers in that classroom. Seriously, he didn't know how to read a log?