xisto Community
iGuest

Free Hosting Who benefits?

:rolleyes: Where would we get free hosting if it were not supported by concerned providers? Some hosts offering hosting really, honestly donot provide the services they offer. These free hosting offers, gives the web site builder the chance to try the site and it's functions to see what's offered. Not only that, many site hosting services are too expensive to afford for most would-be site builders. We certainly can't afford to pay for all the equipment that an ebay, or an amazon or a microsoft has. Do we know how many servers they have just to process inquiries? The cost must be astronomical. How could we ever afford to build any site to handle all that? This free hosting thing is great!

ok hmm well i guess it si teh company that Xisto is buying this from idk i guess thats it any one else know cuz i am lost liek crazy n thta on i think trap 17 is using a e sell thing and if i remember that trap 17 pays by teh ads so in the end the compy who they are buying from and us!! :rolleyes:

It's actually not that hard to set up a webhost. all you really need is to get some shitbox computer like a celeron 500. MS XP IIS can be used (since it already comes with XP) to set up all the sites. The hardest part is actually maintaining the thing. This is assuming you are just playing around. If you are serious about setting up hosting, then there is much more you need to worry about. You would likely want to get rid of IIS and get apache, probably install linux, learn how to use both apache and linux, get a decent connection with good upstream, and a decent computer. There is a lot of other stuff to consider too... Plus, paying for this stuff can be a *BLEEP*...Beyond that, you would be looking at temperature controlled rooms, backup power supplies, etc. Way too much for a hobby.

many peole search for free hosting. i was also in search of free hosting but not now. i found Xisto. i was hosted by some another hosting company before which company i call 24hrsdown.com coz it was down many times. i also tried to have a paid account and i filled the form seing 6.5 $/month and setup fee=0$ but while billing they cut off 156$ from my credit card. so i am afraid now a days to pay to any company. i cannot more then 2$/month in hosting. :rolleyes: whats the package of Xisto for 2$/month.

It's actually not that hard to set up a webhost.  all you really need is to get some shitbox computer like a celeron 500.  MS XP IIS can be used (since it already comes with XP) to

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IIS is the worst thing ever invented

another crap from MS

Apache is teh thing

availabe on all platforms

with loads of modules and extentions (most of servers around the world are on apache including trap)

Trap 7 is the best Free Web Hosting Service I've ever come across, I have been searching for weeks try to find a reliable Free Hosting that provides mysQl, but none do, except for Xisto!

I already tried alot of free webhosting providers ( best one yet was anyxhost.com, but they stopped all of the sudden) and Im eager to try Xisto, because I am starting my own little business in webdesign/ webdeveloping, and I could use all those extras! If it is as goed as said, I think I finally found Home :rolleyes:

Me and my friend will be starting our own hosting company (paid only... wont be as good at trap or the other sites he owns) and we will be getting a Virtual Private Server (VPS) to start off as it it cheaper, then when we are bringing in enoughf money to cover the cost of a dedicated server, we will upgrade, we will also be doing image hosting too...Its not that hard, all you need to do is rent a server (or run your own, rentings cheaper) running cPenel and Web Host Manager (WHM) or Plesk and make a good site with good support and you have to make sure that your server does not go down of corse. As we are still in school, if the server goes down, we wont know till we get home, but my bros m8 made us a PHP script that checks the status of the server and sends an e-mail to a special address which will send a message to my mobile, the script will be on another server of corse...Thats about it, I know i went on about this, even though it may not be related to the first post, but eh...

I'm sitting here, posting away, trying to get a chance to try Xisto. It's so hard to find a good free host these days. It's almost worth your time just to pay a few bucks. Who knows ... we'll see how Xisto is. My hopes are high. :rolleyes:

It is certainly worthfull... I have just created my website/forum about the game slayers... It still has 20mb of space but soon, I wish, I will turn it on Package 2... and this way I'll be able to have a nice website... but until that, I have to keep building my website/forum without anyone on it...

I've been hosted at Xisto for about 6 months now. There where some down times, but very low. Most problems seem to be fixed now :rolleyes: my website loads fast and I havent run out of bandwith any time. Altho sometimes its close. I am wondering how much accaunts you could put up a dedicated server. Enough to cover space and bandwith or do hosting accaunts eat up much RAM / CPU too?

It's actually not that hard to set up a webhost.  all you really need is to get some shitbox computer like a celeron 500.  MS XP IIS can be used (since it already comes with XP) to set up all the sites.  The hardest part is actually maintaining the thing.

This is assuming you are just playing around.  If you are serious about setting up hosting, then there is much more you need to worry about.  You would likely want to get rid of IIS and get apache, probably install linux, learn how to use both apache and linux, get a decent connection with good upstream, and a decent computer.  There is a lot of other stuff to consider too... Plus, paying for this stuff can be a *BLEEP*...

Beyond that, you would be looking at temperature controlled rooms, backup power supplies, etc.  Way too much for a hobby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that is where you are wrong if u want a decent one. WHM is the premier control panel for resellers and hostes alike.

Many options, great and small for everyone. I like it :rolleyes:

A friend of mine just bought a reseller plan somewhere, really reliable, and he offers payed hosting now, pretty cheap. to start with, it's under $100 a year to get a reseller, and you have all options unlimited, set your packages and just do with it whatever you want, when it's getting big (and you made profit) you can go to a dedicated server, but for $100 a year i think you can make big profits, if you include some ads (google ads are pretty good) on the main website and offer reliable hosting.....the bad thing is, that it costs time to do this all :rolleyes: hosts like Xisto usually don't last long, they get hacked, can't afford it anymore, or the server is down all the time, last 2 hosts i used went down because of these reasons. i hope Xisto can last longer :) i'll just give it a try

:rolleyes: Where would we get free hosting if it were not supported by concerned providers?  Some hosts offering hosting really, honestly donot provide the services they offer.  These free hosting offers, gives the web site builder the chance to try the site and it's functions to see what's offered.  Not only that, many site hosting services are too expensive to afford for most would-be site builders.  We certainly can't afford to pay for all the equipment that an ebay, or an amazon or a microsoft has.  Do we know how many servers they have just to process inquiries?  The cost must be astronomical. How could we ever afford to build any site to handle all that?  This free hosting thing is great!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like free hosting cause u dont have to pay