xisto Community
alex1985

Sony Handycam Software Needed?

I would like to record some video captured by my VCR video camera to my laptop. Camera's name is Sony HandyCam, but the model-I do not know. Which is good software for it? Just, list the ways or method I can do it. Actaully, I need to record a video or transfer it from the tape to hard drive.

what available cables do you have as part of your sony handycam pack? they usually bundle up some DV interface cables you can use to transfer videos to a desktop or laptop for editing purposes. the only question would be if your laptop has the ports available to interface with your handycam. i had experience with transferring videos from handycam to my desktop, but i had to purchase a firewire card to make the transfer possible using the cable. it didn't require me to install any additional software to facilitate the transfer though. i simply used the windows movie maker which came with windows XP to browse through the contents of the handycam, and from there move the videos to my desktop. i also used the same application (windows movie maker) to initially edit the video files. however you can also use other software available to you for editing purposes if you want, which i also did, like the previous installation of ulead video studio which i have. :Pgood luck with your endeavor!

oh USB, good. interface that with your handycam and your laptop. then try if you can browse the handycam (when USB is connected, it will usually create a new drive for you to access). if you can't browse using windows explorer, try windows movie maker (assuming that you have it installed on your laptop which comes along with windows XP). try to IMPORT your handycam video using that. :P

Question about sony handycam 108

Sony Handycam

I've got a camera recorder, snoy 108 handycam.

So I was taking some videos, now they are in my computer but I can't use Windows movi maker to make a movie!

How Can I do it??

Which program is compatible??

Thanks;)

-question by Dolors Lax

Camera as a webcam

Sony Handycam

I have a jvc AND a sony but I kinda think it would be the same for both. How do I get them to be accessed as a webcam. Would I need an HDD camera or would a DV camera work.

-reply by David

Help I have purchase a Sony hdr-fx7e and I am not able to copy the dvds to my computer..I am using windows .. I have asked my Sony agent and they have told me cannot help.. I bought the camera at Christmas and still cannot get soft ware for it .. Can some one recommend what I should do?Matt-reply by mbrennan

Sony Software

Sony Handycam

You have to install the software that came with the Sony Camcorders. Most come with Handycam Application Software. You have to use this to trasnfer the data but then you can edit with your own software. I LOVE AVS Media (http://www.avs4you.com/) and it can be downloaded immediately. I have not been able to find the Handycam App Software for download on their website which sucks because I am not home right now and I need the program. Good luck.

-reply by sunny

Pls help to get the web site

Sony Handycam

I am using sonyhandycam and I have lost the software c.D of it, now want to download the data so kindly help me to get the software

-reply by ganesh