xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cangor

The Flu sick sick sick sick what should I do?

Well, I guess it's going around right now, but I've got the flu really badly right now, and I really hate it. :P I'm exhausted and I can't really do anything so I just sit around all day trying to keep some food down, and I have a fever and chills and I'm aching from head to toe. I'd just like to wish everyone who has this right now a quick recovery, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could do to recover faster. I'm drinking a lot and sleeping a lot and I'm trying to eat and I'm really careful about not getting others sick but I'm absolutely miserable right now. :P Oh, and happy late valentine's day everyone. :P

Well methinks you're doing most things right, like drinking plenty and trying to eat and rest. the most important thing is energy and water, because dehydration can be a big killer, and even mild dehydration can make you feel really bad and even a hospital visit. If you find it hard to drink a lot then you can get someone to get you re-hydration tables from the chemists. Just pop them in the water and drink it, it gives your body important salts that it needs to keep hydrated. Apart from that there isnt much you can do methinks. Maybe try some fruit and veg for their vitamins and some chocolate, has plenty of energy and makes you happy!It should go within a few days anyway methinks so sit tight and rest!

I got it a few weeks ago, i was only sick for 2 days though, but it was horrible, the first day I was so dizzy I almost couldn't go to the bathroom because it's half way across my house. I hope you get better soon.

There is this magical medecine from a company named vick, they have this product called vicks early defense, I remember taking it when I started feeling a sore throught everybody in my house got the flew, my coworker also got the flu but I didnt. I only had like a sore throught and headache the first and second day and a little bit of runny nose but I never really felt sick, so from that experience I can definitely say I would recommend it. Specially because flu's are really annoying. Ok... enough of that commercial, I was just marveled by the way it avoided my flu. I definitely agree that you are doing everything you need to do to heal yourself from the flu, drinking lots of water, eating healthy, resting and avoiding cold weather. Keep it up!! good luck!

Did you visit the doctor? He might be able to prescribe some flu medication that will speed up the recovery process. Drinking lots of water and sleeping a lot is the right thing to do. Remember but to drink cold water. You can also get some books to read in bed. It won't waste too much of your energy and it will keep you occupied so you don't feel miserable. And before you know it, you will be well again.

i was really feeling sick last week. i thought i would die on the bed. doctor told that i was suffering from viral fever. i had a very bad time for almost 3-4 days. i was really tired that i not even able to get up to have my medicines. had a very tough time. i usually don't fell sick very frequently. but when i get sick, its kind of hell. now, i am recovering and gaining the strength back. i had to miss 4 days of my classes. that made me feel more sick. taking notes for all the 4 days is such a big hectic job. anyway, i have to do. i have still not completed the notes. i am staying in hostel, so my mom was not near me. this is the first time i fell sick away from home. i really missed her touch and love. anyway, i am okay now by God's grace. good luck!

OMG My whole family had this Flu thing around Christmas time. Actually i think everyone had it round my area then. First my little boy had it just after Christmas day. Then he passed it on to me and my wife just before new years eve. So we was feeling horrible just like you did Cangor i suppose so we had to stay in and comfort each other lol. But your right it was a real killer. Im not good with flu anyway but this was a bad one. I just didnt want to move anywhere and did drink lots and lots of water but didnt eat much. It lasted almost 2 weeks for us tho. We just kept taking Beechams flu tablets and lots of sleep and get rid of it in the end. My little boy shook it off after a few days tho thank god. Nice topic.