xisto Community
GrinningKittie

Can You Read In Your Dreams? Another hidden talent discussed here?

Okay so the topic is pretty straight forward. "Can you read in your dreams?" So what brings this topic up? I heard recently that when you are asleep and in dream land, that it is supposed to be impossible for you to actually read anything intelligible ( like signs or instructions). It has something to do with the different parts of the brain and how they are functioning when you hit sleep mode. Anyways I found this really confusing because part of my problems in figuring out whether I am asleep or awake sometimes is that I can read in my sleep and it's regular words (much like I am typing and you are reading right now) as opposed to some strange gibberish.So can you read in your dreams or are you stuck with some strange version of written dream language?

You can read in your dreams, maybe not whole books and stuff. I've read stuff in my dreams before: small things, and they were in English, too. But good luck remembering what you've read in your dreams, though. I can only remember that i've read a few words, but i can't remember which words they were.

Wow this is really interesting, I've never thought about it before. xD The more I think about it though, I do remember this one specific dream that I haven't forgotten since I had it. And there was a road sign, like one you'd see for an exit on a highway, and I could read the sign perfectly clear. But that was just something with a huge font and all. Its still interesting, though. I didn't think much of reading in dreams until I saw this thread. Then again in most of my other dreams I can only read in dream gibberish of sorts. xD

Ive never noticed i love dreaming but dont do it enough :P still I will try to see next time i dreamwhat i love about my dreams is they make no sense but in the dream they do!

I've read in my dreams, espcially signs and notices. I've brought this subject with a few of my friends, they all remember reading something whilst dreaming. Are you sure that scientist prove that humans can't read in their sleep?

I also hear that you couldn't read in a dream, but I've always been able to do it. The only thing is that sometimes if I read something in a dream, then turn away, then look back at it again, it sometimes changes or disappears.

This is an interesting concept. I've always been able to read in my dreams. I remember one time I was reading a book (I'd been to Chapters earlier that day and was looking at this particular book) and when I woke up I remembered what it said. Strange this is, it was scarily familiar to what was actually in the book (I bought it later that week because of the dream).