xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blood&CLASSIQUE

Polaroid Cameras?

Do they sell any of these anymore haha? I really want one because I wanted to try a new medium of art and these kinds of cameras would be so cool. But I'd like to know the price of the camera and the film-thingy. I've looked everywhere but it's mostly digital and a few film cameras or those professional looking black cameras with the detachable lenses. Can anyone clue me on what kind of shops to look out for?

too late for you, my friend. :P polaroid is starting to phase out all formats of instant film, and supplies for their film products for polaroid cameras will be lasting only until the end of 2009. manufacturing of their polaroid cameras ended a year or two ago, i believe. apparently they will now shift their focus to flat-screen televisions and digital cameras as that is what consumers demand.perhaps you'll find your local online auction site, like ebay, to still carry polaroid cameras for you to purchase. however, how much you intend to enjoy it, it will be short-lived unless new manufacturers are licensed to produce your needed supplies for your polaroid camera.

apparently i still see heaps of people use it.. and its quite fun to use as well.. don't know where you can get them though.. but i do remember once seeing it in a normal store in the camera department.. usually there would be about 1 of them lol

Well, I dont really see them any where because so many digital cameras and such are being produced.Polaroid Times were fun. I miss using them. The only reason why I liked them was like whenever you take the picture it comes out straight away^_^I'm impatient aren't I? Haha.

I didna even KNOW they made polaroids anymore! LOL! I was watching a comedy sketch by my favorite comedy troupe ( These People) and was surprised to see that they used a WORKING one ( film and all) in their sketch. I just figgered it was as old as the one I won in second grade ( it was a who can read the most books in the school year contest and I won hands down...........WOOT!).I really do miss those lovely days of the Polaroid. Nothing like snapping off a shot, watching your box like mechanism spit out a filmy square of film, and then shaking it and blowing on it like mad in hopes to hurry up the developing process.Yeah I was a pretty impatient child eh?lol!^_^

I'd say go with a digital point and shoot camera ^_^Try to make sure it's above 6MP which is not hard nowadays anyway which will ensure some amount of quality photos that come out of it. I would recommend one of the main camera companies, such as panasonic (I can suggest the Lumix as a good camera) who use quality lenses. If you have the money try to get something of reasonable quality, it'll pay off!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

But if you do happen to find a polaroid somewhere a camera, I say hang on to it. Look for them at yard sales and garage sales. then pray that you can find some film on ebay.

haha yea i believe they arent sold much anymore since technology is ever increasing. But to be honest i still have one of those instant picture polaroid cameras lawl its cool i dont use it though cause id rather use my digital camera cause it works so much better than that thing XD. To me polaroid cameras arent so great =\ they are fun to play with though x3