xisto Community
gisellebebegirl

Getting High Ranks In Google Help

umm i had absolutevely no clue where to post this, sorry moderators if i posted this on the wrong forum lol (:
anywho. as i was googling Chantelle Paige [i run a fansite for her, called Chantelle Paige international fansite] & noticed that they were many other sites ahead on my fansite, when you google Chantelle Paige . How can this be fixed? i already submited my site to google yahoo etc. but my fansite keeps getting pushed down the list! any tips, on getting google to put it up higher?

also i noticed the other fansite, is rank 1! & well. its annoying. when you google it, you see a umm i do not know how to explain it, but its as if you were clicking a youtube or google video [you know those random videos that pop up when you google stuff, & you can see the still picture?] well the image/video takes you to her fansite/website! & i want to do that :P any help?

i'll love you forever hahah (:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ paige
giselle

Several things to discuss,

First of all, you will need to add/improve your use of Meta Tags for the site,

Second, submit the site to google, DMOZ, Yahoo, etc.

Third, tidy up the page structure. There are multiple Head tags, remove the embedded and in-line CSS.

Fourth, Eliminate all the errors/warnings by checking the page at the w3c Validator

Fifth, Add a DocType Declaration

Sixth, and probably the most important, make sure your site has good content. Period.

Lastly, circulate your Domain Name across the web, like at Forums. I see you have it in your siggy. Excellent, but make c eetain to add it elsewhere, too.

Another possibility would be to use a good search tool and see what the people who are searching for Chantelle Paige are searching for other than just "Chantelle Paige".I don't know who CP is but lets assume an actor. People could be searching for "CP's latest movie" or "CP as Joe Blow in The Shooters" or "CP oscar nomination".....It's better to come up first in the search for a lesser used search term than to be buried on page 6.For example, I found a hobby that I like and some items to sell to these guys. I could never come up first for the hobby itself but as luck would have it the second most popular search term gets almost as many searches each day with a lot less competition. I set up a small website last night and looked this afternoon and I'm on page one of google search.The site itself can still be a general fan site for Chantelle Paige, just get some pages in there that are keyed to specific search terms.

Several things to discuss,

First of all, you will need to add/improve your use of Meta Tags for the site,

Second, submit the site to google, DMOZ, Yahoo, etc.

Third, tidy up the page structure. There are multiple Head tags, remove the embedded and in-line CSS.

Fourth, Eliminate all the errors/warnings by checking the page at the w3c Validator

Fifth, Add a DocType Declaration

Sixth, and probably the most important, make sure your site has good content. Period.

Lastly, circulate your Domain Name across the web, like at Forums. I see you have it in your siggy. Excellent, but make c eetain to add it elsewhere, too.

reply to both of you (: umm chantelle paige is a singer. next fergie? idk. if your umm young enough to know. anywho! sorry im extremely new to websites & such [im just glad i got php to work!] but what are metatags? what would be the code to put them on my page? could someone post it <3 thank you

Meta Tags go in the Head Section of your site and the Bots/Spiders read them to understand what your site is about. Also, the Meta Tag Description is often used as the Description found on Search Engines. When you Google and see the short line of information on the google search results, you might be reading their meta Tag information.

The short answer is that "meta" information is "information about information", so in this example, you need information in your meta Tag about the information found on your Web Site.

Link to read :

http://www.highrankings.com/metadescription
https://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2067564/how-to-use-html-meta-tags

from Google, of course :P

I read an article a few years back (not sure if it's as relevant now as it was back then) that said that one of the main things google's search algorithm takes into account is how many other pages there are on the web pointing to YOUR site. If this is still true, then I would recommend getting in touch with a few people who run sites similar to yours and placing links on your respective sites that lead to each other's pages.