xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Waqas ahmed

How Long Does It Take To Get Listed In Search Engines Time to get listed on Google, Yahoo etc.

I want to know how long does it take to get your site listed in google and other major search engines.I've put up a web site and now looking to get it listed to the search engines.And is there any software available to get it done or i will have to it all manually ,any help will be welcome.

Notice from opaque:
Title and Description changed.Please choose Title and Description carefully. The Title should be to descriptive and should summarize your entire post. The description should be used to add further details/information about your post.

I want to know how long does it take to get your site listed in google and other major search engines.I've put up a web site and now looking to get it listed to the search engines.And is there any software available to get it done or i will have to it all manually ,any help will be welcome.

Notice from opaque:
Title and Description changed.

Please choose Title and Description carefully.
The Title should be to descriptive and should summarize your entire post.
The description should be used to add further details/information about your post.

Hi Waqas ahmed:

Google is maintained by editors from dmoz (see dmoz.org). Depending on the category you requested to be listed, it could take anywhere from a day (usually not the case) to a few weeks for an editor to check out the legitimacy of your site. As far as software that lists for you, I would suggest that you do it manually for Google. Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,
Mark

There are many factors that affect search engine robots to crawl your website. Namely, the most important are:

Your Websites content, first and foremost.

Meta Tags and Robots.txt

Your Visitors

Other Websites that are linked to you (if they are crawled, it will find your link, the more websites you are on the better chance you have of being found faster)

my topics on certain forums i can see in the first page rank on google sometimes in 10 - 30 minutes!

although to ensure another popular similar idea on the internet does not show up first, you can't search for something with a broad title, like "php". if your topic title is something like "php" of course you won't come up first.... use something original like "PHP tutorial" and outside the quotes include your forum name, of course replacing your name with john smith.... because:

1- how many people with the same forum name as you and will be on google search

2- how many people with the same forum name as you will write a php tutorial on the web?

that's just an example :P

Edited by [John] (see edit history)

You can add your site to google at google.com/addurlIt can show up any time over the next 2 weeks. Unfortunately, your site will be listed toward the bottom of the listings. It takes at least 7 months for a site to gradually float to the top of the listings. Depending on the content of your site, it may never get too high. Be the authority on your subject and the search engines will reward you for it. worry less about meta tags, page titles, crappy link exchanges, etc. Great content rules.Yahoo will probably find your site quick. The link is at the bottom of their start page. Also list with MSN search.

Edited by mikeyboy63 (see edit history)

question about google map business listingHow Long Does It Take To Get Listed In Search Engines

My listing was flagged for a long time and I finally figured out tha Google was not going to fix it. I managed to fix it myself today and it is now listed as active. Yet, when I do a Google search, my business still does not pop up. Does it take a day or 2 to begin appearing in a search?  I am getting frustrated.

Thank you.

-reply by sareet