xisto Community
KansukeKojima

Pie Cakes (or, Pies Inside Of Cakes)

So one day, I imagined something truly amazing, and wonderful. "What," I asked myself, "would it taste like to have a pie inside a cake?"

The more I thought about this wonderful possibility, the more I was convinced it would be mighty delicious and truly amazing.

To this day, I have eaten two versions of the pie cake. Both have been truly incredible. The two versions I have devoured were:

Cherry Pie in Chocolate Cake

Lemon Pie in Angel Food Cake

Believe me if you try these, you will be stunned and awe-struck.....

So? How do you make these tantilizing deserts? I'll tell you:

Creating a Pie Cake

To create this, you will need to follow one of the many cherry pie recipes out there. As well, you will need to follow a Chocolate cake recipe... simple eh... well... the baking part is not too hard. However the difficult part is actually getting the pie inside of the cake... Since baking the pie inside of the cake would be nearly impossible, you will have to bake them seperately.

There are two methods to this.

Method One

1. Bake a pie, and then let it cool.

2. Bake the bottom piece of a cake. (If you are able to, try to make the bottom piece have an indent the size of your pie. If not... well your pie may be squished by the top piece one it is put together....but it may not get squished....)

3. Bake the top piece of a cake.

4. Place the pie on/in (depends if you create the said indent) the bottom piece of the cake.

5. Place the top piece of the cake over top of the pie & bottom piece.

6. Cover with icing sugar, etc... whatever you want.

Method Two

1. Bake a pie, and then let it cool.

2. Bake an entire cake.

3. Cut the entire bottom off of the cake. The thicker the bottom, the easier the cutting job will be.

4. Place pie inbetween the two pieces of the cake.

5. Cover with icing sugar, etc... whatever you want.

There you have it. If you feel you are up to the task of creating this difficult (but delicios) desert, than go for it. It is wonderful.

Also, I have only tried the two versions (cherry pie in chocolate cake, and lemon pie in angel food cake). If you try a different version, please post your comments on the flavour etc.... Try to make a very good guess as to what the two flavours will taste like together once combined..... or well... it'll just plain suck..... I would reccomend, for practice that you try the versions above, so if it doesn't work perfect... it'll at least taste good (for sure).

Finally, please post your comments. Whether you think I'm insane, genious, or both... :P... and whether you tried, are going to try, or are not going to try this. If you did try it, please post whether you enjoyed it or not...

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

I actually thought you meant "baking the pie inside the cake, together with the cake", because if that's the case it would probably be difficult since you have two kinds of pastries that have different baking times, or you'll end up with disgusting stuff. I would probably suggest a layering, just like your method 1, cooking the layers separately, with the "pie layer" as two layers: one crust and one filling.

My mum thinks this idea sounds yucky, and personally I think it's insane, but I would love to try this for myself! Pies and cakes are my two favourite desserts and I've always wondered what they'd be like together, too!Sadly, it'll be a LONG time before I ever get to make one for myself... I still live with my family and we never have enough ingredients in the house for anything other than the basic meals.

My mum thinks this idea sounds yucky, and personally I think it's insane, but I would love to try this for myself! Pies and cakes are my two favourite desserts and I've always wondered what they'd be like together, too!
Sadly, it'll be a LONG time before I ever get to make one for myself... I still live with my family and we never have enough ingredients in the house for anything other than the basic meals.

Haha... well at least you like the idea of it. I hope you get to try it eventually. (I can't believe your mom thinks it would taste bad!)

Oh my word! I wish I would have come across this sooner! My son ADORES pie. He's been on some strange pie kick for well over a year. In fact for his 13th birthday he INSISTED that he have a pie party. No cake. Just pies. And mini pies. And pie decorations. And pie points. It was insane! This would have been GREAT as a surprise for him.Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Great Idea.I am off to try this, but i am going to do a vanilla breaded cake mix with white icing. The pie is going to be PUSSING PIE!!:P\Nice Find Braw. If you invented this, +rep.:P_:P/signed Chris

Haha.. thank you. I googled "Pies inside of Cakes" and the first thing that came up was my post here... lolSo from that, I'm going to assume that I invented it... although, 'tis highly possible someone has tried it before...Anyways... let me know how it turns out once you finish!

At first I was feeling disgusted thinking you were putting meat pies inside cakes. After reading on a bit there was no meat and I saw the sweet pies hmmm. I would like to try something so sweet, A good sugar rush now and then I enjoy. Wash that back with some cold ice coke and its heaven. /drolls. My mouth is feeling so much excitement I think my teeths is going to fall out soon.

I'd be curious to try a cake-pie, where instead of pie filling, there was a normal, iced cake. It'd be kind of weird with a flaky pie crust, but I think with a graham cracker crust it would be quite good, especially if the cake was dense and flourless.You should try stepping up the originality of your creation by frying it! With the frying craze that's going on, it might catch on ;)