xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Megaman

Most Memorable Rpg's from the past and now

Hmm. Most memorable doesn't really go to FF7 methinks. A memorable game is something that defined RPG games in it's own way. The sort of game no one forgets. I guess FF7 does fall in that catagory in a way.Let's see. Final Fantasy 1 was of course a rocker. The world loved it, though it was still quite primetive. The Dragon Warrior series started near to it, and was also known for it's interesting ideas, away from the Ultima-type games. Of course, then, things like Crono Trigger made a debut on the SNES (or was it the NES?) and made a huge impact. The most memorable I can directly think of now, would be the latter, Crono Trigger.It had a genuinly interesting battle system, with Dual Techs and direct in-map figthing. The story was brilliant (coming from Square, it's obvious). Near to it would be the FF3, 5 etc Job-type systems. That was something that only came in in DW, and the Golden Sun games quite a while later.Of course, Legend of Zelda, an action RPG was a huge hit even with the first installment, and made the genre for Action RPG's a reality.So really, there's quite a few games. I don't think only one could count as memorable.

Well, I have to mention the Final fantasy Saga (in all versions). They have been the leaders in RPG games. However, there are many cool and memorable RPG games. My favorites are:

Chrono Trigger

Super Mario RPG

Secret of Mana

Tales of Phantasia

Golden Sun

Zelda (Saga)

There are others great RPG games, but they don't memorables.

"Excuse my english. I still learning it"

Ok mine was FF11 ....Because the game had several factors which I think I did not witness in most of the other RPG games I have played..Some of these factors are :-~An amazing storyline~A very original and advanced weapons system ~A unique way of showing how a little imagination can accomplish great things~And the Characters in the gameI must say FF11 is a must for any RPG lover who has not yet played this game...I recommend you to play this game to truly fell the taste of an real good RPG game

for me ff7 is the most memorable, i remember it like it was yesterday. the atari died and so comes the nes, the nes was a good console but most of their games are casual games and rpg's in nes are not that good it was notable nonetheless. snes came and longer games are made and the consoles are not just their to be played a few minutes and turned off but to be played for hours.chrono trigger, and such made their impact to console enthusiast but the snes is notable as a upgraded casual game console. then the 90's came and the cd revolution came, and a not yet known ps console was considered a cd player that you can play games. then too many people noticed the complexity of the games that the ps comes up.then BOOM! too much advertisement and hype has been read about ff7. the first real rpg that you can get out of the main story line a bit.and for me a game is memorable if:sold more than 5 million copies sold. (ff7 9.5m as of 2004 i think this increased because of the pc version and others)a game so unique that it created its own myth . ( aeris can be ressurected) thousands of pages made because of this onea game so good that they explain and theorize the story line of a game. ( an example, cait sith is merely a robot??)a game so good that its sequels are bought even if they never heard of the plot/storyline. (i can attest to this one :P i'm one of them, didnlt know ff8 is somewhat of a love story but enjoyed it all the same)a game so good that they created films, books, prequel games, and even hentai( sad...) about a game. (ff7 crisis core, advent children, and others.)a game so unique that even today 10 years after its release, remade for todays grapics. ( ff7 xp version)a game so unique that even after 10 years almost all playes who played this game knows the main characters of this game.a game so good made the revolution about toys that are based on console games. ( who wouldn't like a chocobo plush toy :( )there are also many unique things that started in ff7 too many to post :( wow i'm a ff7 geek <_<

- Chrono Trigger- Secret of Mana- Illusion of Gaia- Earthbound- Final Fantasy 3- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of TimeIt's funny that every single one of these games were on a Nintendo platform. :lol: You know a game is that good when you wouldn't mind playing it again... from beginning to end.Speaking of which, I might have to dig up my SNES emulator to fire up some memories...

I would not agree with the legend of zelda counting as an rpg, even though in magazines and everywhere it was described as an rpg. I would have to say that it is more like an action / adventure semi platform game. A memorable rpg game for me would be chrono trigger, and after that it would have to be ff7. I never played the first final fantasy games before version 6 though... Earthbound was really fun too.

The most memorable rpg is the one that everybody talks about. FF7 is that game; it is the standard to which all rpg's are compared. I am a die-hard ff7 fan, but I am disappointed to see that nobody has mentioned "Legends of Dragoon." This was also a great game: The story was great;the combat was great; the characters were great. It must also be noted that FFX should be rememberd as a great love story.-reply by Cloud

The most memorible rpg game i think has to go to final fantasy iv. Yes i know the game is long, very long but The game has alot of things to offer even though you had to fight in a team to protect yuna thats the only downfall but i think they made it were your one person attker not a 4 group attk. Go final fantasy whoo.

I would have to say final Fantasy series, Ultima, Dragon Question, Dungeons & Dragons are some of hte best in the RPG world. Although many rpgs are converting to online playing, I still prefer the old stuff that I play from time to time when I get the chance to.

Final Fantasy 1 - Started RPG's popularity with many peopleFinal Fantasy 2 - One of the only RPG's (even to today) where xp is not awarded and you do not gain levels.Final Fantasy 8 - Exhilarating storyline, and the Junction systemChrono Trigger - Great In-Depth story, believable characters, strategic fighting systemSword of Mana - I love active RPG's but never played the original Secret of Mana games... This was my next best thingIllusion of Time (Illusion of Gaia) - Storyline, Gameplay, Characters, all great things!Golden Sun (series) - To me, this game can do no wrong! Storyline, Gameplay (both in and out of battle), Characters, Graphics, Stratergies, Classes, Choices! To me, this series IS perfect.Think thats about it...

-reply by Uforia

The only true OLD RPG i ever liked was Hexplore , don't know how many heard of it , i used to play it on a K5 133 Mhz PC , maybe 10 years ago. :PThat was a memorable game..!