xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dcskataboy

What Is 7zip I found a program on the internet called 7zip i want to know what it i

7-Zip is an open source file archiver, similar to winrar and winzip, among others.

a more detailed description, and its history can also be found on the internet. :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7zip

Its what i started using after i discovered it, i like it better than winrar, and its free :) Still have to have winace for the few other files out there, maby soon 7zip will add ace files to their program

7-Zip is a free (in both senses) file archiver for Windows as a GUI/CLI and for other OS's it exists as a CLI only (I think it was forked).Either ways, when I was on Windows, I used it and I can surely recommend it. It's better than WinZip and WinRAR and it's free too! :)

Hey someone please tell me what 7zip is because i found it on the internet and i want to know what it is

7-zip is a software utility used to compress/de-compress files. It supports de-compressing a wide variety of formats. It's native format, 7z, is very efficient at compressing files and you'll often see a better compression ratio with 7z than with Zip or Rar. Perhaps the only format able to achieve a better compression ratio is StuffIt.

7-zip is both free and open-source.

Regards,
Nitin

Hi, 7-zip EasySFX gives you ability to easily create simple SFX or even advanced installer SFX packages.User friendly graphical interface will lead you step by step,so it should be easy enough even for less techy users Say goodbye to big fat and inefficient ZIP SFX packages for installers and welcome the new era of ultra small 7-zip LZMA powered SFX packages!

It is a open source software. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions. understand it?Arjun pun