xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Soldier Of Fortune: Payback Latest installment from the infamous blood-and-guts FPS

Soldier of Fortune: Payback, the third installment of Activision and Cauldron HQs Soldier of Fortune first person shooter franchise just hit stores. And GameTrailers.com has posted a recent review of the game, released for the PC, Playstation 3, and XBOX 360.

In this installment, you play a gun for hire that is double-crossed while protecting a valuable target. You travel to the worlds most deadly hotspots to stop an extremist plot while dispatch various enemies.

This budget-priced game, as in all other first person shooters, features a linear single-player campaign and limited multiplayer maps, as well as various realistic weapons like the M16A3 and SCAR-H assault rifles, multi-shot grenade launchers, and other lethal instruments of war. Plus the infamous blood and gore you have come to expect from the Soldier of Fortune franchise.

GameTrailers.com has posted the review for Soldier of Fortune: Payback in High and Standard definition formats. By the looks of this review, it is mostly mixed leaning towards the negative side, with complaints of the dull level design and awfully stupid enemy AI. Check the full review from the links below.

STORY: 6.0
DESIGN: 6.8
GAMEPLAY: 4.0
PRESENTATION: 5.5

OVERALL: 5.6

High definition: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Standard definition: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The game is not really nice :(It's boring like usual, but the weapons are cool. It has too many bloods and violent (but I kinda like it :D). Multiplayer is somehow boring, cannot compare it to Call of Duty and Counter-Strike series. Don't buy this game.

Can you play co op two player without having the internet in as on the back of the box it says 1-2 players but I cant do it split screen when a game says 1-2 players you can play it witout the internet in but this game wont let you it lies

I only played the first Soldier of Fortune game(it was on PC)....I just found it to be too sneaky...Like rather than just bust in and killing everyone, you were forced in many areas to waste time learning guards' movements and stuff so that you could counter them, otherwise there was no way to progress.Is it like this in the newer games as well? I loved the realisticness of the game and everything, I just prefer having the option of either sneaking or just going in with guns blazing.

Good First Person Shooter - Any Single Player Maps Out There??Soldier Of Fortune: Payback

I'm an avid "First Person Shooter" gamer. I have played all of the games in that catagory. I didn't think I'd like this game but I did. I'd like to see some new map downloads for single player mode. Anyone know of any out there?

-reply by ShihanTR