xisto Community
juliana_roberts

Question Regarding File Transfer! FILE TRANSFER

Hi friends,I am looking for a secure and robust file transfer web service. I am handling a sales force which is stationed at different locations and is frequently moving. They need to upload there activity reports frequently to our servers. So I am looking for an easy to use secure and robust file transfer web service which can be used by my sales force for their needs.Thanks & Warm Regards.

since you already have servers of your own, ask your technical department to set up an FTP for your employees' access (a centralized section for all of them [with a uniform username/password for all] or even individualized ftp if you desire [one for each employee with a unique username/password]).

as for the FTP client or application you will need your employees to have to enable them to upload their files, you may opt for portable applications, with no installation required, so they can have them ready on their personal USB drives or their laptops.
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/filezilla_portable
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hi, I recently got a free platform independent file transfer application from Google search engine called AnyClient. It supports all major file transfer protocols including FTP/S, SFTP and WebDAV/S. AnyClient is available both as a web based service requiring no software installation, and as a downloadable application that you can install locally. Hope this will work out for you.
Good luck!

It is best if you could provide more information about your net environment.Such as,Client OSServer OSBasically, that depends on if server already have some build-in feature then you may use it.For instance, server 2000 or server 2003 with / without actve directory can use VPN as an optionthat install an CA authority that issues certificates to both computer and client. When all done. Clients can connect to corporate net by dial-up or directly internet connection whena VPN connection was started.Eric,