xisto Community
Tourist

Milk, The Best Food

Milk is a very important food in our life. The sixteen elements necessary to life are all found in milk. Milk contains sufficient carbohydrates, protein, fat, mineral and water. So, milk is also called “whole food”Any other food requires a certain amount of energy to digest. Milk requires no effort of digestion. Almost immediately it enters your blood as blood being a blood maker.To the growing child milk is the greatest food in the world. Right into his blood go the food materials that make blood for milk has in itself every constituent for blood making, except, perhaps, a sufficient amount of iron. There are different sources of milk and each milk type differs in terms of nutrition. Here is presented a chart depicting milk nutritional value. Nutrition in milk is calculated per 100 grams of milkCow: Water (gm) 88, energy (Kcal) 61, protein (gm) 3.29, fat (gm) 3.34, carbohydrates (gm) 4.66;Goat: Water (gm) 87.03, energy (Kcal) 69, protein (gm) 3.56, fat (gm) 4.14, carbohydrates (gm) 4.45;Buffalo: Water (gm) 83.39, energy (Kcal) 97, protein (gm) 3.75, fat (gm) 6.89, carbohydrates (gm) 5.18;Sheep: Water (gm) 80, energy (Kcal) 108, protein (gm) 5.98, fat (gm) 7.01, carbohydrates (gm) 5.36;Human: Water (gm) 87.50, energy (Kcal) 70, protein (gm) 1.03, fat (gm) 4.38, carbohydrates (gm) 6.89;

I enjoy milk, Its a very good healthy type of drink but its price has gone up so much here even though we produce a lot of milk locally the demand around the world for milk and other products made out of it is the cause. They say we have to pay for what everyone else is paying for it even overseas. So the cost gets passed on to us here in New Zealand even though its produced here if we don't pay the asking price then it gets sold overseas because the demand is there. I think the change in culture where more Asian countries are consuming more has something to do with it.Just last year butter in New Zealand cost only 2 dollars average for a block now its 5 dollars roughly. A lot of complaints are being made but the answer we get is they are just trying to get more money for the farmers for their milk and there fore we pay the standard market price or it get sold overseas.

I agree milk is a wonderful food...so full of nutrients. I've always had trouble falling asleep at night, and the one thing I can always count on to put me asleep is a mug of warm milk. Plus it just makes me feel good. I hate it when people try to pass milk off as some kind of poison...perhaps the hormones we pump into the animals are bad for us, but not the milk itself. By choosing organic milk, you can reduce the amount of the harmful stuff anyway. I say keep drinking milk! :P

Milk is a very important food in our life. The sixteen elements necessary to life are all found in milk. Milk contains sufficient carbohydrates, protein, fat, mineral and water. So, milk is also called whole food
Any other food requires a certain amount of energy to digest. Milk requires no effort of digestion. Almost immediately it enters your blood as blood being a blood maker.

To the growing child milk is the greatest food in the world. Right into his blood go the food materials that make blood for milk has in itself every constituent for blood making, except, perhaps, a sufficient amount of iron.

There are different sources of milk and each milk type differs in terms of nutrition. Here is presented a chart depicting milk nutritional value. Nutrition in milk is calculated per 100 grams of milk

Cow: Water (gm) 88, energy (Kcal) 61, protein (gm) 3.29, fat (gm) 3.34, carbohydrates (gm) 4.66;

Goat: Water (gm) 87.03, energy (Kcal) 69, protein (gm) 3.56, fat (gm) 4.14, carbohydrates (gm) 4.45;

Buffalo: Water (gm) 83.39, energy (Kcal) 97, protein (gm) 3.75, fat (gm) 6.89, carbohydrates (gm) 5.18;

Sheep: Water (gm) 80, energy (Kcal) 108, protein (gm) 5.98, fat (gm) 7.01, carbohydrates (gm) 5.36;

Human: Water (gm) 87.50, energy (Kcal) 70, protein (gm) 1.03, fat (gm) 4.38, carbohydrates (gm) 6.89;

As you say milk is easily digested. But i found that there are certain people who can not digest milk or milk made items.
My son is one of them. He vomits most of the times he takes milk. What could be the reason for that.

As you say milk is easily digested. But i found that there are certain people who can not digest milk or milk made items.My son is one of them. He vomits most of the times he takes milk. What could be the reason for that.

Could be lactose-intolerance. It's quite a common problem and I believe it's inborn. i don't know much about the condition except that people who have it can't vomit when they take milk or feel queasy. You could do a web search on it.

I agree that milk is wonderful food. Furthermore, it makes you full too, so I believe it's good for people who are on a diet or have gastric problems but can't find time to eat properly.

Could be lactose-intolerance. It's quite a common problem and I believe it's inborn. i don't know much about the condition except that people who have it can't vomit when they take milk or feel queasy. You could do a web search on it.
I agree that milk is wonderful food. Furthermore, it makes you full too, so I believe it's good for people who are on a diet or have gastric problems but can't find time to eat properly.

Thanks for the quick reply. I do agree with you that milk is a complete food initself. I will search the web about the lactose-
intolernce.

Milk is awesome :P It goes well with just about any food, too. Some people say it puts them to sleep, but for some reason it wakes me up. I think it might be a chemical thing somewhat specific to me, but I'm not sure why it works like that. Some other really healthy foods I know of: Tomatoes (beta-carotene), Blueberries (anti-oxidants), Spinach (tons of vitamins)The only thing with Spinach though is you've got to eat it fresh. Then it tastes like lettuce, only better. But after a week or so it starts tasting like the stuff in the can. I tried eating that before with salt, seasonings, all sorts of stuff. Nothing can make the canned stuff taste good. I can't imagine how people can eat it like that. I think Popeye was insane :P If it was fresh Spinach I could understand :P

Human: Water (gm) 87.50, energy (Kcal) 70, protein (gm) 1.03, fat (gm) 4.38, carbohydrates (gm) 6.89;

I have a glass of human milk everyday.... :P muhahaha....

Anyways, I do like milk. Its very healthy, and I usually have some almost every morning. Seems to be working, I've only broken one bone in my entire life... lol

Yup...I drink milk and have yet to break a bone :P

Yes Milk helps making our bones stronger. Calcium is the main constituent of bones. This is derived from milk. Of course we also need sunlight to absorb the calcium.You know new born baby is completely dependent upon milk for its development for first few months.
Really this the great invaluable gift given be almighty to all of us. There are lot of things we enjoy eating in which milk is the main ingredient.

Recently, the top agriculture institute in our country reported their research findings that many baby-milk proven containing some sort of bacteria which cause brain-damage. Our minister (ministry) of health refuse to acknowledge this and questioning the source of funds for this research. The president of the institute very upsets, saying the research was indeed funded by the government (the former administration maybe). Ha ha ha.

Okay heres my short comment about milk.First off, i HATE milk. Whenever someone heats up milk in the microwave, or even when I am making a hot chocolate and warm up the milk first, the smell of it, the smell of the warm, horrible milk just makes me want to spew. I do like hot chocolates, and iced chocolates, I just do not like the taste of milk, infact, Ice Chocolate is my favourite drink in the world, if made chocolatey enough, with some whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and chocolate syrup!!But really, are we meant to drink milk after infancy?? Naturally, we do not drink milk after we go off breastfeeding, and when we think about it, no animal in the whole entire world survives on milk its whole life. Surely if it was meant to be drank after infancy, we would naturally drink it, and so would other animals.And cow's milk, thats just crazy. Cows are nothing like humans, they have udders with 6 teets, they are GIANT (trust me, I have some in the paddock) and we don't even have the same amount of stomaches. Surely it would be much more healthy if we milked humans, because the things inside the milk from cows are designed for calves, and we are nothing like calves at all, not the same size, not as many stomaches etc etc.I personally think that it is not a good thing to have, and i do not have it that often. It is also a possible carcinogen because of the hormones, they are very strong for our bodies to handle, and may cause cancer if had too much.I probably have milk once or twice a week, and I am happy about it.Like ma essay??? :P

And cow's milk, thats just crazy. Cows are nothing like humans, they have udders with 6 teets, they are GIANT (trust me, I have some in the paddock) and we don't even have the same amount of stomaches. Surely it would be much more healthy if we milked humans, because the things inside the milk from cows are designed for calves, and we are nothing like calves at all, not the same size, not as many stomaches etc etc.

Things inside the milk from cows are designed for calves it is true, but it also true that the same milk is also ideal food for us. Body size regulates the intake of food. If calve has large body size, it will take more food but it does not mean that as calve and human is different in size so their food must be different. Large body size needs more energy for maintenance more protein for high growth, so they need to take more food.

Now the matter of stomach, Cow has a compound stomach with four compartments (rumen, reticulum, omasum and abomasum). The last part of the stomach (abomasum) is the true stomach, where enzymatic digestion took part. This abomasum is like our stomach. Milk digested in this part. The previous parts of the stomach (rumen, reticulum, omasum) are not so important for milk digestion of calve. So do not need to think, as cow has a different type of stomach and cow's milk is mainly for calf so it is not a good food for us.

I like Milk.To be honest, I should probably be drinking a lot more of it than I do.The only real reason I don't drink more of it is because I spend pretty much all of my time in the basement and I generally take to not drinking anything that needs to be stored in a fridge.It's really too much of hassle for me to go all the way upstairs to get a glass of milk, as opposed to sitting here and drinking iced tea or water or something that I don't need to worry about it like... Dying on me if it's left out of a fridge for more than an hour.I do try to get a drink or two of milk in every day though.My bones need it.