xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tourist

What Is Poultry

Poultry is one of our main sources of protein. We get a large amount of meat and also almost all eggs from poultry. Do you know what poultry is?The term poultry is designated to those species of birds, which render men an economic service and reproduce freely under their care. It includes chicken, duck, pigeon, guinea foul, turkey, ostrich etc. Poultry must contain 3 characteristics.1. It must be bird2. It must have an economic value and3. It must reproduce freely under our care.So, many birds having economic value will not be poultry if they do not reproduce freely under our care.

and also almost all eggs from poultry

Ok, I have to ask, where do we get the eggs that we don't get from our poultry??????

And guess what I got for Valentines day???? An egg! My very first egg from the chickens I incubated last year. I just thought that was so nice of them to give me for the holiday! (ok, so my life is not all that exciting, I still have fun!)