xisto Community

Hi,

I would like to know your views regarding my site. For now, please comment on its layout only since I don't have my own writing inside. The site is originally meant for storing articles of technical stuffs in my areas of interest. Please kindly log on to:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

In this time being, though, I have some problem with css in different browsers. See this (about 160kb or so):

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The one that I really want to get is Firefox' (so, log on it with FF for better views). Any idea with this issue? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you. :o

-day

I dunno whats wrong with your firefox, but it looks perfectly fine on mine, nothing of what you picture has going on in it. I'm impressed, I might get this joombla or W/e for myself ;D

I might have given a unclear statement. What I mean is that I can not get the same view (appearance) in IE 7 and Opera as the appearance in FF2. The details are in the picture I gave above. In other words, IE 7 and Opera do not render correctly (FF' render is correct, other's are not). Or are you guys saying that only my computer experiences this difference in appearance?

To me, in Firefox 2, the site does not look like the image you posted for how it should look in Firefox. This is what I see:post-7593-1202898588_thumb.pngThe Search box has moved down to below the navigation, which obviously creates a gap between the navigation and the header image. Everything else is pretty much the same.In Konqueror, the Search box is in the right place, but there is a gap introduced between the navigation and the header image:post-7593-1202898769_thumb.pngThe issues are most likely to be caused by padding and spacing. Every browser sets them differently to start with, so it is best to reset everything to 0px and then start from scratch. It could also be down to IE's obscure interpretation of the box model making some elements wider in IE than they should be.

Thank you, rvalkass :P . It was indeed padding (and some margin) issue. All problems are solved except this one (in IE 7):

Posted Image

You see that the top border (which is an image) is not displayed correctly, whereas in FF and opera it is fine. Any idea?

Edited by day_armstrong (see edit history)

Regarding the top image corners of the layout not showing under IE 7 I'm assuming I've had a similar situation and I think it may apply here. I looked at your code yesterday but the way your divs are laid out I'm not accustomed to. There were so many nested divs that seem to stack on each other and I mean 7-8 of them I did not want to carry on trying to figure it out. Anyway the problem I think that relates here is those divs that are used to position your images around the border have no min or max widths set. This was the problem I had during my layout under IE 7 if you do not specifiy a minimum width where there is no content it will not display or display only to the width of the content in that div. I hope that makes some sense and maybe you can try adding min widths to it.Sorry but this requires a lot of trial and error work to fix. I still am not a expert at layouts in divs just yet.

wohooo... sonesay, thanks! You are correct, man. I add the width for the divs that are stacked to form the layout. Now, my layout is fine. Thank you everybody! This forum is indeed amazing! :P -day

Hey you've got a really cool and minimal site there. The site looks simple yet powerful. All the colors in the site go well with each-other. But, still you could opt for a better color instead of the light yellow used in top panel.Make the article link something different, to make people understand it has some drop down menu. obviously visitors scrolling over the first two buttons won't scroll over the third to see weather there's a drop-down menu or not.Besides every thing, your site looks cool now... Make it more sexier :lol: