xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
friiks

Tray Info Message Kind of popup thingie

Hi!

I'm doing VB for some time now and for last two days I've been looking for a tutorial which would show me how to create some kind of notification that would pop up from lower-right side of my screen, where the clock is... you know, just like.. when a contact comes online on MSN etc.

I realized that there's no way to make a balloon pop up like the one in the image but is there a way to make anything like that..it doesn't have to be a balloon. A little square in the right spot would be good as well :o

Posted Image

Thanks in advance, Matt.

I'm using VB6...I couldn't find a way on how to do it with API o_O

I am attaching a control that you can study to place an icon in the tray area that show tooltips.So you can provide notification. The screenshot you posted has ballon tips. I will see if I can do it & will do a Tutorial if possible.If you can't understand the code then I'll try to do the Tutorial tomorrow.TrayArea.txt

Thanks! :PI'll try to understand it...Looks kinda hard though :S

Oooh, could you please make a tutorial or explain by showing an example maybe ?

Sorry, I don't have the time to make the tutorial. I used that code in one of my projects. I am attaching that project to help you out.Actually I wrapped that code in a control. You only need to set a few properties like the ICON to be displayed in the notification area, the TOOLTIP etc. You can then handle the LEFT-MOUSE-CLICK or RIGHT-MOUSE-CLICK events on the ICON (in the notification area).Wall_xp.zip

[/code]Dim nid As NOTIFYICONDATA ' trayicon variable'----------------------'--- command1 click ---'----------------------Private Sub Command1_Click()minimize_to_trayEnd Sub'------------------------'--- create tray icon ---'------------------------Sub minimize_to_tray()Me.Hidenid.cbSize = Len(nid)nid.hwnd = Me.hwndnid.uId = vbNullnid.uFlags = NIF_ICON Or NIF_TIP Or NIF_MESSAGEnid.uCallBackMessage = WM_MOUSEMOVEnid.hIcon = Me.Icon ' the icon will be your Form1 project iconnid.szTip = "Calvin-w" & vbNullCharShell_NotifyIcon NIM_ADD, nidEnd Sub'---------------------------------------------------'-- Tray icon actions when mouse click on it, etc --'---------------------------------------------------Private Sub Form_MouseMove(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As Single, y As Single)Dim msg As LongDim sFilter As Stringmsg = x / Screen.TwipsPerPixelXSelect Case msgCase WM_LBUTTONDOWNMe.Show ' show formShell_NotifyIcon NIM_DELETE, nid ' del tray iconCase WM_LBUTTONUPCase WM_LBUTTONDBLCLKCase WM_RBUTTONDOWNCase WM_RBUTTONUPMe.ShowShell_NotifyIcon NIM_DELETE, nidCase WM_RBUTTONDBLCLKEnd SelectEnd Sub'------------------------------'--- form Actions On unload ---'------------------------------Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer)Shell_NotifyIcon NIM_DELETE, nid ' del tray iconEnd Sub[code]

Tray info messageTray Info Message

Did you ever find a answer to your question?

Hi!I'm doing VB for some time now and for last two days I'veBeen looking for a tutorial which would show me how to create some kindOf notification that would pop up from lower-right side of my screen,Where the clock is... You know, just like.. When a contact comes onlineOn MSN etc.I realized that there's no way to make a balloon popUp like the one in the image but is there a way to make anything likeThat..It doesn't have to be a balloon. A little square in the rightSpot would be good as well :PPosted ImageThanks in advance, Matt.

-question by George