xisto Community
karlosantana

I've Given A Friend A Subdomain I need a cPanel

Hi there a friend of mine was absolutely desperate for a webpage so, me being the kind but stupid person that I am, made him a sub-domain, and set up the ftp account. However if he wants to install something in the future that uses Mysql I have to make him a database and a user etc, etcMy question is, is it possible to give him something like cpanel? could i install it on the sub-domain? So that he can have controls like mysql, file manager, site submission?If it is possible, It needs to be VERY cheap! free is ideal! I think I've found a file manager but it'll be annoying having to go from one product to another to another! Any help is appreciatedPlease help!

Nope to the Sub-domain Cpanel idea. I believe the only way he will have Cpanel access is by you giving him your Cpanel Log-in information, which is just a bad idea...I really do not recommend doing that. It means that you will need to do all of the Cpanel stuff for him. Your account information should not be shared, in my opinion.

Hi,If he is so desperate for a web page why not make him sign up for a free web hosting account or you can sign up for him and give him the control panel details of that account.This is safer as if in case he ever abuses the account, it will be his hosting account that will be terminated not yours.

As i say im kind but stupid! I think ive got a file manager that does the lot (wohoo)
I've found an email system all of this is php I'll probably right my own "switchboard" and hey who knows... its a project in the making! could put it on my website! wait a free cPanel, Ok thats my next project
I've got a php email client
and a File manager
I'll make an auto install script for different things like SMF AEF Coppermine etc
Even a page to copy and paste scripts!
At the moment it's all code and theory so any help would be appreciated
Karlos

My cPanel is coming on great :o I will be posting it here when i've finished so that people can do the same as me in the future (yer be kind but stupid :D ) I installed his forum last night and he was over the moon with it!
A am however having trouble getting my email system to find cookies. When the user signs in to my login system it automatically drops a cookie in the users cookies folder, and I'm wanting the email system to see the cookie and automatically log him on to the users email account without him having to enter any details into the system itself.
Any ideas? (Go here for the attachment) you'll notice I've posted a topic elsewhere but the idea of using a cookie only crossed my mind now!
Any help is always appreciated
Karlos