xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Go.. Take A Break - Stretch

Stretching is very important. Stretching after a long days work or even stretching as part of your exercise.. if that is your daily routine that is well and good. Stretching helps your body and your muscles in particular to be in place and relieves stress and pain due to long term postures which our day to day jobs and activities demands and push our health to danger.

Stretching is good... but there are also many worse things that could happen to you if you do not do it properly or in the right manner or without some support from a professional trainer.. Its not always demanding to have a trainer to do your day to day stretching.. but then atleast some prior knowledge or some basic training is mandatory so that things do not go wrong at any time.

But whatever may be the case... if you have not engaged yourself in some kind of body activities... time is short and you will come to know of its consequences.

Dont take me wrong. Because i am not regular. But then i wanted to to be regular but due to demanding things i skip some days and irregular in my activities... But i will have to mention this.... whenever i take my sessions i have seen people doing it (stretching exercises or any body exercise for that matter) wrong and complicating things or do it without any purpose which is more worse than not doing it... This is mainly because of lack of knowledge in "how to do" or some wrong knowledge gained from wrong people.

So.. for those of you who have learnt things in a wrong way, its high time to re-consider it and change things that fit you...

Also.... its not always necessary to go to gym or some physical fitness centre to engage yourself in physical activities. YOu could change your daily routine a bit and stay healthy.

Some of the tips that i would suggest

1. Avoid lifts in your offices and other places and take steps which will help you burn calories and help your leg muscles.

2. Avoid having coffee, tea and beverages very often

3. If you need a break... stretch and take a walk outside and have some fresh air.

4. Post lunch... relax yourself for atleast half hour and get back to work. It rejuvenates your senses and concentration increses.

5. Do not sit or be in the same positioon for more than 30-40 minutes. Take breaks from time to time.

6. If you can walk to your place...walk instead of taking a ride on a vehicle.

7. Involve yourself in lots of activities. Volunteer.

8. Play play and play... spend atleast an hour and involve yourself in some game some activity.

You cannot say that you do not have someone to play with. Your kids and family is there for you to play with.

Every kid is ready to play at ay time... so your kids are your best companions when it comes to play. You also have options like clubs where you can involve yourself and engage with them in various activities.

Commitment

When it comes to play, health commitment is very important. So... do not do anything just for the sake of doing it. Do it with passions. If some activity do not interest you, try to experiment some other activity which interests you. You might like it... there is nothing wrong in experimenting... So go ahead and give a try and enjoy life.

Also.... you may not know who will have you as a role model. So, its better that you have the best things in you... Also your care for your health and body will reflect in other activities too....

So... here is a small flash presentation that has proper (right way) stretching exercises.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Some are so easy... So can be done even inside your offices.

So.. take a break.. Go stretch.

Stay healthy.. stay fit. Its you who should take care of your health. Its now or never.

Adding on to what you have said about streching , i totally agree , during class hours too , when i feel that my back has gone stressed i do streching.But regarding this i want to share an important thing on Back streching. Just what you need to do is stand straight and keep your both hands on your neck. The position is that you hold your neck backwards with your two hands such that both of your elbow comes in parellel line near your chest . Now ask your friend to hug you from the back and lift you up with your elbow too hugged.You will experience a sound in your back bone and it is nothing but the air bubbles and you will feel totally relieved from back painsThis is what i do when i sit for a long hours and it releaves me

What your feeling is the endorphin rush. As for stretching, your muscle actually just warms up and gets blood rushing into it so you're not pulling and tearing muscles when you get to the regular activity that you're doing.Mike

Now ask your friend to hug you from the back and lift you up with your elbow too hugged.You will experience a sound in your back bone and it is nothing but the air bubbles and you will feel totally relieved from back pains

OH....I love that one! I used to have that one done simply by folding my arms across my chest. Someone taught me that trick when I was having problems with my asmatha. This is a great trick for relieving the shortness of breath and chest pains related to asmatha. Unfortunatly, since my better half hurt his back, he can't help me that way anymore.