xisto Community
alex1985

Library Script Where?

Hello, everyone. Anyone knows where I can get a library script that acts like CMS script software, you can add books or delete them. I want to build virtual online library which can be accessible to everyone.Or just give me some advices how to make it build. I'm a novice in programming.

Any Content Management System will help you out. I personally prefer Drupal. Joomla is also good one. Try searching HotScripts.com for something better. Or better try opensourcecms.com for online Demo of popular Free scripts.

It's clear, but I would like to make that a user can browse through a name, author, topic or the first letter of the books. Which modules should I use then?

Why not make your own PHP Script? You'll have this proud feeling that you made a good one. At the same time, you can customize it the way you want and probably change the theme, if you want to. Me, normally I don't trust CMS because it's like you made your website using the free hosts tools out there.
I personally make websites, just by using Gedit (because i'm using linux, very happy :D ) or Notepad.

Trust me, you'll love it. Specially when adding some nonsense, like adding random numbers and letters to your website, for verification purposes, but mostly to trick users, to make your website look professional and secured. :o

I can not make one because I dont know PHP really good. Could you explain what Gedit is and where I can download it. I appreciate if you give me the link of the systems that contains many modules as well as extra stuff for it.

I can not make one because I dont know PHP really good. Could you explain what Gedit is and where I can download it. I appreciate if you give me the link of the systems that contains many modules as well as extra stuff for it.

Gedit is an editor for Linux Operating Systems, similar to Notepad in windows. There are many programs there that will help you code PHP, with code coloring etc..
But if you want to make websites as soon as possible without the knowledge of HTML, use a CMS. Content Management System. When you use that kind of technology or what so ever, you'll have a quality website in minutes. Think of it as a html builder or something.

Try this one http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Edited by karlo (see edit history)