xisto Community
slayerskins

Kool Html Could anyone tell me some sites with some kool html on them?

The cool effects you are referring to are not HTML. Those would be JavaScript most likely since they all involve dynamic effects. I would just search for javascript effects in google and just look for it.

He may also be referring to PHP or ASP. Those are popular server-side scripting languages which give even more features than that of Javascript. There also is the chance is referring to CSS for the sake of images. Google some of those and learn the languages. I suggest PHP, CSS, Javascript, and Perl.

PHP and ASP do not provide cool effects since they can not change a page unless except when it is loaded. Javascript is a client side langauge that allows effects to happen after a site is loaded. CSS can create pretty effects unless javascript is used since it is the javascript that changes the properties of a css object on the fly. The only other languages that can produce cool effects are actionscript (Flash) or AJAX. However, for a beginner who does not even know where to start, javascript will be the way to go.

PHP and ASP do not provide cool effects since they can not change a page unless except when it is loaded. Javascript is a client side langauge that allows effects to happen after a site is loaded. CSS can create pretty effects unless javascript is used since it is the javascript that changes the properties of a css object on the fly. The only other languages that can produce cool effects are actionscript (Flash) or AJAX. However, for a beginner who does not even know where to start, javascript will be the way to go.

Yes, PHP cannot make dynamic thingies, since the page must load first...... but I do remember reading something about image transparency, etc. with php on http://www.w3schools.com/... but maybe thats my mind telling me the wrong info...
So yeah... use Ajax, flash, or javascript.....

Here is a sample of a pretty cool effect using java script: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Can't be done with Html or Css or php.
Html/css/php will do a on-hover to resize, but only a single image at a time.
Javascript is used to affect th individual image you hover on AND the neighbouring images, too.