xisto Community
jopak134

Looking For Program That Will Help With Web Design

KompoZer is quite good, although doesn't have any image editing capabilities. It is also completely free and runs on pretty much any operating system.

The GIMP is a brilliant image editing and authoring application, but doesn't really do any web editing. It has a large amount of the power of Photoshop but with absolutely none of the cost.

Combine the two and you've got a pretty good package.

I never really liked Photoshop's web output anyway - tables for layout, and if you told it to use divs and CSS it just went over the top and produced code that only worked in IE.

im looking for a program that can help me with web design maybe templates and such.
i don't like adobe photoshop because its big and the steep learning curve can anyone help me?

To Support your design you must try this
1. Inkscape 0.45.1.

Inkscape is an open source SVG editor with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, Visio, etc. Supported SVG features include basic shapes, paths, text, alpha blending, transforms, gradients, node editing, svg-to-png export, grouping, and more. Its main motivation is to provide the Open Source community with a fully XML, SVG, and CSS2 compliant SVG drawing tool.

2. The Gimp v2.4.4

The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a freely distributed piece of software suitable for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It is a powerful piece of software with capabilities not found in any other free software product. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, and an image format converter.

3. Notepad ++ 4.7.5

Notepad++ is a free source editor and Notepad replacement with the syntax highlighting.It also gives the extra functionality to the general user: colorize the user defined words. You can print your source code in color (or whatever you want) if you have a color printer (WYSIWYG). Furthermore, Notepad++ includes the multi-view feature, which allows the user to edit the different documents at the same time, and even edit the same document synchronously in 2 different views.
Notepad++ supports drag and drop: not only you can drop the file from explorer to open it, but also you can drag and drop a document from a view to another. With all the functionalities, Notepad++ runs as fast as Notepad provided by MS Windows.
Supported languages for the moment: (c/c++/Java/html/xml/php/asp/vb/vbs/SQL/Objective-C/javascript/ini/makefile/MSDos Display)

4. PHP Editor v2.22

PHP Editor features: * Sintax Highlight - Syntax Highlight for PHP, HTML, SQL, Java, JavaScript, XML, Perl, C++, Python, CSS and others.
* Integration with Manual - The PHP Editor is fully integrated with the PHP Manual.
* Internal Browser
* Web Server - The Editor includes a small Web Server.
* Bookmarks on text
* Export source code to HTML or RTF
* Templates
* and more...

5. Nvu 1.0

Finally! A complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop users as well as Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.

I always design my web with that tool, but if you want the easiest way to build nice website, try using Joomla! the goodnews i all that program above is totally free!!
Notice from rvalkass:

Remember, anything you copy must be placed in Quote tags.
Readme ~ Rules ~ AUP

im looking for a program that can help me with web design maybe templates and such.
i don't like adobe photoshop because its big and the steep learning curve can anyone help me?

every try coffeecup.com free 21 day trail they also have some other designing tools. also on trail. 1st editor I used, and honestly still do sometimes. great for the beginner too.

I would have to agree with the adobe dreamweaver part, this program is awesome, and will give you all sorts of things, such as spry and lots oh javascript editing and such..Although, its not so good with PHP..When it comes to PHP I would get the program called Zend Studio

Dreamweaver should be good .. Although Front page is also an option.. It does build up some great websites and has a better built GUI , If you are planning to go only for HTML or ASP with JS and VBScriptSince you dont like photoshop , I am guessing you wont like Dreamweaver also .. Its the same company now :)