xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bvic1991

History Class Project- Prohibition Prohibition

Today in history class we talked about the Roaring 20's and about prohibition. We also watched the Simpson's episode about prohibition. Before I start, here is the actual 18th amendment about prohibition.

1. After one year from the ratification of this article the manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors within, the importation thereof into, or the exportation thereof from the United States and all territory subject to the jurisdiction thereof for beverage purposes is hereby prohibited.

2. The Congress and the several States shall have concurrent power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

3. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of the several States, as provided in the Constitution, within seven years from the date of the submission hereof to the States by the Congress.

Personally, I don't drink, however I think when this prohibition law was passed, people didn't take everything into consideration. They only looked at the bad side of alcohol. Instead of completely banning alcohol, people should have tried to figure out ways to control it. Regardless, now I have to write an essay about the positive aspects of alcohol. Someone please help!!! I need ideas!!!