xisto Community
edkes

Sony .vs. Nintendo

PS3 or the Wii??? The most asked question in the gaming industry. Wii has motion control but bad graphics and the PS3 has motion control AND great graphics. I have both which is a solution to the problem but I think the PS3 is better. Also, the PSP and the DS??? The PS2 and the Gamecube??? I'm torn between the two!!??...

PS3 or the Wii??? The most asked question in the gaming industry. Wii has motion control but bad graphics and the PS3 has motion control AND great graphics. I have both which is a solution to the problem but I think the PS3 is better. Also, the PSP and the DS??? The PS2 and the Gamecube??? I'm torn between the two!!??...

Id personally go with sony products

The PS3 motion control is lame. It only offers a single axis of control and even then it's not that great on control. Also, idk about the PS3, but the pointing feature for the wii makes browsing the web very easy, it's not easy at all to use an analog stick on the ps3.I believe the only thing the ps3 has going for it is the blueray capability, and even then, I wouldn't go buy a PS3 for the blueray when everything still comes out on DVD.As for psp and DS, I'd go DS mainly because of the download play capabilities (you can play the same game with other people without buying the game for yourself).Gamecube vs ps2: PS2 all the way, the PS2 was a great system and still is. The gamecube was pretty much a bomb for nintendo like the ps3 for sony, but the ps2 is a great system with great games.

This is really hard to be honest. In some ways the Wii is superior to the PS3, but in others the PS3 dominates. The Wii really brought out a new concept of gaming by using movements and getting people more active in their games. But on the same token the Wii can't come close to competing with the PS3 in technology. When I say technology I am talking about the actually system of the PS3 such as the famous Blue-ray. The PSP and DS both have their differences as well. On the one hand the DS has a touch screen (again to get the gamer more "active" in their games) but the PSP has better graphics and detailed games. Also it has much easier internet capability than the DS. Gamecube vs. PS2 was a pretty easy thing to look at and compare. I find that the PS2 and Gamecube were different system wise as well as game wise. They both used controls (wired usually), but the PS2 held better technology. The PS2 really was different because of the games that came out for it and I would say is superior to the Gamecube. The Gamecube also tried to bring in the fad with mini discs but that seemed to be a flop. The Gamecube had great games like Super Smash Bros. Melee but the PS2 overall had more hit games.

I really dont like the sony motion control at all. On the games i have played that have had it i have just switched the controlls back to classic. The wii can be very fun if you are playing with many people or just tried and dont feel like going out. I own both so i got the best of both worlds. If i had to choose between sony or nintendo i would have to go with sony. I just always liked the games that they have came out with and i am not really a big mario fan.

I think PS3 is so much better than the Wii. Playstation 3 has the internet, music, videos, Blue Ray, and incredible graphics. Wii is for kids and only makes games such as Mario. There madden is horrible. madden 1990 was better that the wii madden 2008. The one thing that would make ps3 the greatest system ever would be if they some how bought halo from microsoft. Now that would be crazy. Halo is such an awesome game!!!! Don't you all agree???

What about Xbox 360??? Now that is a great console!!! But if I had to choose from sony or nintendo, I would definently choose sony. The reason being tha when it comes to game choices and these too systems, there is definently an age gap. Im 17 and I love violent, gorey, action, profane, crazy games. The wii doesnt give you many mature games. They have gay games like mario galaxy and viva pinata. I have all three systems so I never have a problem with choosing games but I have way more 360 and ps3 games than the wii. But they do have smash bros brawl, I'll give them that.

I think PS3 is so much better than the Wii. Playstation 3 has the internet, music, videos, Blue Ray, and incredible graphics. Wii is for kids and only makes games such as Mario. There madden is horrible. madden 1990 was better that the wii madden 2008. The one thing that would make ps3 the greatest system ever would be if they some how bought halo from microsoft. Now that would be crazy. Halo is such an awesome game!!!! Don't you all agree???

Well you never know what can happen! I have heard that bungie is pulling out from the halo project. There is a big chance that microsoft will still want to keep the halo franchise running and they may actually profit from co signing with sony to create a multi platform halo. Way more people would buy it and they would just share the income like 60 40 or something.

ok i sony vs. nintendo i will say i hav no winnerkinda like the graphics that i get from both but i think i'll more lean to the side of the ps3 becuz i dont think i like dat motion controller that the we has to me it sucks

Both are going in the wrong direction as far as hard core gaming is concerned. Sony seems to think that graphics are everything, and their library for the PS3 is incredibly limited. While MGS4 and other amazing titles are going to be coming out this year, there's no news for awesome games after 2008 that will wow Sony fans. I would definitely expect the PS4 to be announced in 2010 because of this. Nintendo has lost control of their gamers ever since they started the "Touch Generation" and "Wii Exercise" franchises. Sure, some of the games in those categories are fun, but when it's all Nintendo has their attention on, you've got to realize that Nintendo's direction is for a market that doesn't exist. Yes, games like SSBB and Mario Kart Wii are coming out very soon, but many of their previously announced titles have been pushed back to the end of 2008 or are still TBD in terms of release. Nintendo should start paying more attention to the people buying their products and less to those who they think MIGHT want the products. Microsoft is taking the best direction, honestly. A well-priced core system, a very wide library of games (Don't give me "it was out one year longer" bull), very appealing graphics, and appeals to any gamer.

I fully support sony sony just has a thing for making systems nintendo dosent the best thing they have sold has been the wii they sold more then the ps3 and is tied with the x box 360 for the moment sony will have a comback.

Well I support sony in terms of handheld consoles cause the Sony PSP is much more powerful and efficient than the NDS in many ways...Also the games of the NDS dont compare with that of the PSP...Also the introduction of Online gameplay in the PSP has made me wanna get this console a lot...So I think sony has an edge over Nintendo in that matter

I support nintendo. It's been with me for a while, I love the mario games and stuff. Sony has a few interests of mine but not enough. I think the touch generation isn't bad, and the wii is good as well! Who needs to keep the plain old boring way it was before?

Im also with Sony on this one. I used to have a nintendo and snes when i was younger back then they were big. But i think Sony has taken over now and most people i know have Playstation or PsP. Not many of them have Wii or nintendo. i think the games for playstation are loads better too with wider range of them. But i also think they pay too much attention to graphics sometimes.