xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail Or Gmail?

Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail or Gmail?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail? Personally I would choose Yahoo! Mail, because it provides 250MB huge storage and can send 10MB files comparing 2MB storage in Hotmail. 1GB huge storage is actually not such useful and too much to simple user like me. Also with a Yahoo registed account, you can enjoy other different kinds of service, for example, free web photo account and free geocities account. With such great variety source of services, I would choose Yahoo! Mail, but one thing it is known that since Yahoo has provided the 250MB mail account, it has attracted many people to register, therefore the server of Yahoo has become slower and slower. I hope Yahoo will improve its bandwidth in the future.

i like yahoomail coz its fast then hotmail. regarding messsenger also yahoo messenger is nice then msn messenger it has less bugs. and yahoo also provides many free services as brian staed above. after yahoo i like gmail coz it stores large amount of messeges. i forward my all mails to Gmail heheh.. i am using it very much * If Anyone want Gmail Then PM Me. I Have Many Invites Left.

Sigh, you relize you can use msn messenger with any email service? I use it with my gmail account.Yep, I preferr gmail to hotmail or yahoo, it's pretty obvious. Gmail is the Firefox of email service.. I wonder if they will ever finish the beta version though..

Gmail is currently only in the beta stage, so they haven't quite opened it to the public yet. That said they have given out lots of invitations and there always seem to be people giving them away. Mine are currently all gone, but if you have a look around the forum you will see plenty of people offering their spare invitations. They will send you an email with a link to a registration page and you can sign up from there.

I neaver thought i would say this but hotmail... because look you get like 200 mb or mabey 2 GB i forgot but yahoo only has 100MB or 1GB idk. and i have neaver used Gmail i wish i did but i am in to hotmail now plus you have the MSN im thing witch is why better tha yim now but with that added it's hotmail... gzz this is bitter sweet

i like yahoomail coz its fast then hotmail. regarding messsenger also yahoo messenger is nice then msn messenger it has less bugs. and yahoo also provides many free services as brian staed above.

after yahoo i like gmail coz it stores large amount of messeges. i forward my all mails to Gmail heheh.. i am using it very much

* If Anyone want Gmail Then PM Me. I Have Many Invites Left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems that many of you have chosen Gmail. It is very interesting because at first I thought most of the people would choose Yahoo Mail. Why is Gmail so attractive to you? Is the speed of the Gmail faster than Yahoo Mail and Hotmail?

I would like to have an account if anyone of you have spare invitations left.

It seems that many of you have chosen Gmail.  It is very interesting because at first I thought most of the people would choose Yahoo Mail.  Why is Gmail so attractive to you?  Is the speed of the Gmail faster than Yahoo Mail and Hotmail?

I would like to have an account if anyone of you have spare invitations left.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brian, PM me your first name, last name and email address and i can send you an invite :rolleyes:

i think the fact that it was associated with google (the best search engine :)) made it popular and thats why lots of people wanted one.

plus once you actually try the service, you'll come to realise how great it is.

oh yea, and the space, how can u forget the space, a whole gigabyte of storage, no other free email service gives you that much space.

and POP access :)

This is an old topic you can find it in this forum!! :rolleyes: by the way i have to say again.I has hotmail 250mb ,yahoo 250 mb and gmail 1gb.and gmail is not support in my language I can't read my mail with my language.so I has only 2 mail in gmail inbox and use it for save my data/file.and still use hotmail+yahoo. But I prefer hotmail cause I can use it with msn messenger. :)

I prefer Gmail over the other two because it has the most space for free and I wanted to try something new from Yahoo's e-mail. Gmail has other features out there like POP3 which makes checking e-mail a lot easier by opening up your e-mail program like Outlook or Thunderbird and you can also store more e-mail and attachments.I still use Yahoo's e-mail because I have other stuff I do on Yahoo, and if I get updates, newsletters, etc. I can send it to my Yahoo e-mail account and easily check it right there.A plus on both e-mail providers is that they have excellent spam protection.

I use Yahoo with the messenger for alerts. Hotmail was my first e-mail account, but it's always given the least amount of space out of the three, and I believe, the slowest. I don't have a Gmail account and I know a lot of people love it, but I can't see how anyone could possibly need an entire gigabyte of space. An average user would have to save every single e-mail for years to get anywhere near to filling it up, which could be a good or bad thing, I suppose.

Personally, I'm miffed at hotmail. I no longer use it.. although I do have my account. MSN seems to have screwed up somehow and failed to upgrade the inbox size of India based accounts. I'm still stuck at 2 MB while everyone seems to have 250 MB of free space. I obviously have an issue with this. That apart, I find hotmail servers to be fairly unreliable. My mails seem to take days to get to the other end at times.. and that plain sucks. And apparently I have to pay for EACH incoming message when I hook my cell up with MSN. Whats up with that crap? I know it would be easy to shift blame to the cellular service provider.. but the same service provider works fine with Yahoo.. for free (incoming messages).I use both gmail and yahoo for different reasons. Gmail gives me a gig of free space along with pop access. I could argue about the pros and cons of having pop access. However, since this is more of a personal opinion... the reason I love pop access is because I'm lazy. I dont want to fire up my browser and wait for the inbox to load each time I want to check my email. One click access RULES!!Yahoo! offers me a great email service along with the option to use a host of services with a single id. More power to the likes of Yahoo!As for Hotmail... BOO!

my 1st ever email acct was Hotmail. but the space limits are too small so decided to switch to FastMail.

FastMail

Free

10 MB storage space

40 MB bw/month

IMAP/Web access

still using hotmail tho, as my secondary email.

I always used my hotmail for every email ( and off course for MSN), but now I got my GMail invite from a friend, Im addicted to it!I am already using 3% of my Gmail capacity, have not yet found ANY bugs, it has POP3 (wich I dont use) a spelling check utility, and I can keep every email, even the ones not that important, so I never have to delete!Its just great!