xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Turok Classic N64 shooter returns for the PS3 and XBOX 360

In the dinosaur-themed PS3 and XBOX 360 first person shooter Turok, a remake of the classic N64 shooter of the same name, you play an ex-military Special Forces soldier betrayed when his mentor Kane develops biological weapons. You join a rival mercenary group charged to capture Kane in a remote planet when you ship is shot down, forcing it to crash land scattering your unit forcing you to fight rampaging dinosaurs and Kanes elite soldiers.

Using your trusty bow and arrow as well as your standard weaponry, such as assault rifles, shotguns, flamethrowers and grenades, you have to fight your way through many adversaries in order to put an end to Kane and his nefarious plans.

GameTrailers.com has posted a review in both standard and high definition formats and its mostly positive. Check out the links below:

STORY: 8.0
DESIGN: 8.5
GAMEPLAY: 7.8
PRESENTATION: 8.8

OVERALL: 8.3

High definition http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Standard definition http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Honestly the game sucked on the N64 and I have little hopes of it being better on a next gen console. No matter what any gaming mag or site says I think I will give this game a pass due to previous experiences with its predecessor.

This game blowed for N64, Ps2, whatever else it was on, indeed. But, that was when good ol' Akklaim was making Turok.... guess what: they went bankrupt a little over a year or two... maybe more ago.... so: a new company is making Turok, and I hope it won't suck as much as before.... I don't think it will, as most akklaim games sucked. Hopefully this new company (who ever is making it now, I don't know) will do and excellent job, and I will have many gaming hours on it.