xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
apple

Web To Sms, How It Works?

There are many websites which offer free sms from website to mobile phone devices. I want to ask what is the technology behind that? Is it some SMS gateway? If someone want to create this service, is it free ? I want to know more about it, if someone can give me more information?Thanks

Ooh, nice. Actually, I happen to work for one of such companies that offer Web to SMS messaging (and vice-versa) The charging, methinks, depends on the business logic of the company and the deal they make with telecommunications carriers. Our messenger, for example, allows a web-user to send up to three free SMS messages to anyone. If he/she wants to be able to send more, the recipient will have to reply to the user. The recipient is then billed for every three messages he/she receives per user :o

It's definitly not free. I too work for a company that allows one to send Free SMS. We are charged by the carrier. They provide us the SMS Gateway through Web Services & HTTP GET requests.