xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Evolke

Help Needed From Experienced Web Developers Newbie in Need

Hi,If you dont know my names Evolke, or Evo as friends call me, and Im a newbie to Xisto. Ive got a website application in and accepted, and I have registered my website, but now Im a little lost. I have little actually web making skills as I have now discovered and Im needing someone that can point me in the right direction.First up, how do I actually start work making a page, and start editing it and developing it into a true webpage?I have looked around, and Im starting to go around in circles. Theres stuff I understand, and stuff Im just avioding :oWould anyone care to help me out?Thanks

yes i do care and i can help you out if you realy wish help

i'm gon ofeer you online chate help

you can chat with me at yahoo or gmail

just added my username zamaliphe

to your yahoo massenger and i'm online after midnight every night

and we will see what we can do togethir

i can even install an smf script for you if you wish

by the way all this is for free i will not ask you any money at any time

i just like to help any one

because once i was moor lost than you fell right now

and allot of beple helped me to stand

so yes i care and i will help as mutch as i can

all i'm asking you is to free your time for the next afew dayes

because you have allot of work :o

I know exactly how you feel! I know i have already told you this but i've had ages experience with web design. I'll help you were you need it! As for where to start:- start with the index page (an index page is the first page a visitor will see when they log onto your webpage) That way the navigations done, The body's done and so most of the images will be done to. I will install things for you (forums, Product pages anything really!), create things for you whatever you need I'm here! I have got MSN and AIM but i only use them occasionally.Of course i help people free, including you! I was looking at your profile earlier, you seem like a good laugh! So when you need me PM me and ill help Straight away! Karlos

Well, there's alot of things involved in web design and developmentt. You could, as karlos suggested, install pre-existing scripts and sytems to make a fuctining web page. However, to make your site really work the way you want, you cold learn t code it :D. to make a website that looks nice and doesn't change very often, you could use HTML and CSS. To make a webpage with some extra features, you could add JavaScript to the mix. To make the site truly under your control, you can add a server-side language like PHP with a database such as MySQL.Now, all of these are a lot to learn, and will take a while to learn them all. However, you don't have to go through much trouble to find out where to start learning. I would recommend that you go to http://www.w3schools.com/ That's where I went to (start) learning, and now after practice I have some people paying me to make sites for them.Not only does wschools have tutorials for languages, they als have tutorials on how to organize your site and the time you spend working on it. i'd recommend you take a look today :o

Just an idea mind you, a lot depends on what you will be using the site for.I'm blogging with WordPress at one of my other sites and since I had to learn WordPress anyway I just put my site together with WP and a template that gave me a center column and two side columns and made a Website with that. There's a lot of stuff available for WP and the learning curve is pretty easy.I'm working on all that other stuff cause I'll need it soon enough, but WordPress was the easiest way for me to get started quick.

basically, learn HTML. First of, after that, go to your FILE MANAGER in your control panel (cpanel). Next, go to public_html. Click create file, you probably wanna start off with index.html (anything with index first, will be your HOME PAGE) index.html, index.php, etc will automatically be your first page. Enter your html there. Now if you want a REALLY easy website, just type text, itll be white background with text. IF you want a nicer website, search google for w3schools, and learn html, thats the BEST way I can tell you.

hello an easy way to step into the web development world is a cms(content management system). One i can recommend isjoomla - its easy and u can have a professionel site running in hours. google for it and see if it can meet your needs.by using joomla you will also slowely be introduced to html/css/php/jsits true that it also depends on what the website is intented to do. if u need just a forum you can go easily with smf or otherfree stable forumsystems. ... google is your helper just do some search... or take the nice offers from above posters.best regardsstrgg

First up, how do I actually start work making a page, and start editing it and developing it into a true webpage?

well if you dont even know where to begin the first thing to do is to learn the very basics and in my opinion the best place is http://www.htmldog.com/ they teach very good all the basics and a little bit more. then when you know the basics go to a site like http://www.w3schools.com/ where you can learn a little bet more and get some great refrence. there's also some sites that give extra tips and more stuff like http://alistapart.com/. a great site to get great inspiration for design is http://www.csszengarden.com/.
if you need some help i'll be happy to help with desighn and html and stuff but the best thing to do is to know what you want your site to be about so you could stop going around in circles.

happy to help etycto :lol:
Edited by etycto (see edit history)

Thank You all for such detailed replies!I posted this a fair while ago, and I did give up on trying. But the idea of creating my own website didn't ever fully leave my thoughts, so Im back to try again! I've learn some begining HTML Codes, and I feel that I have more of an understanding as to what I have to do... sort of :lol:I'm off to try out your suggestions! Thank-You so much again!