xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
h3xen

Holiday Spending

Is it just me, or do the holidays suck all of the money outta your account, plus all the energy out of you?I spent close to $400.00 this yaer, and spent all of my time earning it, and had very little time to think of anything other than xmas.Guess what i got for my labor.....guessing?nOTHING!!Like 3 pairs of socks and a watch.oi vey, giime a scotch and coke!anyone else share these views?

I spent several hundred this year on gifts for various people, but I got a lot in return to compensate for it, so I'm not justified in complaining ;) . Sorry to hear about your misfortune though, man. But that's life, ya know? Maybe next year you'll be so overwhelmed with gifts that you'll actually feel bad that you got them! Haha ya never know...just keep the holiday spirit up!

I agree! The amount of spending this year was incredible! And the worst part of it all 'in my opinion' was that the 'after-christmas sales' were non-existent due to the massive number of people that were lazy and bought gift-cards for people. Now the retailers are expecting (and recieved) VERY easily 20% more than the people bought those gift cards for in the first place! Pure insanity. I used to do the majority of my shopping, after christmas, when everyone's liquidating, and all that crap, and now, there's no sales! no 50% discount! AHH!Tha Blk Panda

Yes, Christmas shopping is stupid. Wasting all our money on things that people don't need. Oh joy.It'd be nice if we could all celebrate the holiday by giving our hard earned money to something that really mattered...like people who literally couldn't eat. That'd be a little more worthwhile.Otherwise, we just continue serving our rich selves...*tisk tisk*Plus...I'm a thrifty guy...so that pretty much covers it. :rolleyes:

I actually did more buying of gifts this year than receiving, but that's okay because it's all about the giving anyway, aye? :) I think the best gift I got this year was some quiet time alone. Seems the holiday season always gets too crowded with stuff! Hope everyone was able to find some happy moments this Christmas :rolleyes:

Yeah, it gets pretty crazy during the holidays. This year I spent Christmas and New Years visiting family and friends and considered it the best gift that I can give (expending energy, money and time to make this happen) and receive (friendship, family and creating memories). Things are nice but relationships are priceless.Ciao :rolleyes:

i've always countered this kind of problem by trying to make gifts ... it makes you be creative, it's fun, and it beats the hell out of going to a department store or mall to get something. that's a nightmare... so make someone a birdhouse, or a picture book, or whatever ... it's fun, and it's a gift they don't put into a shed and forget about. it's a hell of a lot cheaper too.

For spending holidays the beaches and islands are the best choice for the tourists. These are only a few of the top beach holiday locations in the world. Thailand has beautiful beaches and has cheap resorts, island of the Maldives is well known for it beauty.