xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
picker

Opinion Needed On Ftp Vs Sftp sftp

There are lots of questions related to FTP server. Firstly I want to know about the difference between FTP and SFTP? And why we are using Secure FTP instead of FTP? And why is SFTP better than FTP? I also want to know about the service providers of FTP. Can anyone help me? I shall be very thankful to you for your suggestion.

Hey, we use SFTP instead of FTP as everyone wants to secure his data. Actually security is the main concern in file transferring. There are lots of secure file transfer tools are available on the net that can solve your problems. I know one among of them called Secure FTP Server.. It provides you a downloadable application that you can install locally. Hope you will be satisfied by my opinion.

I am not an expert of this field, but I have few knowledge regarding your topic. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is the standard protocol for transferring files to and from remote machines running FTP servers. The FTP client allows file and directory upload, file and directory download, and directory navigation of remote and local file systems. You can use the FTP client in two ways: 1. Configure stand-alone FTP sessions or, 2. Configure a 3270, 5250, or a VT session to use FTP as the default file transfer type instead of Host File Transfer.On the other hand, The sftp client uses the SSH (Secure Shell) File Transfer Protocol to provide secure file transfer over a non-secure network (such as a TCP/IP network). For sftp Host On-Demand supports only the binary transfer mode. Host On-Demand does not support the character transfer mode. You can use the sftp client also in two ways: 1. You can configure a standalone sftp session by configuring an FTP/sftp session to use the SSH protocol. An FTP/sftp session icon is added to the Host On-Demand Client window and is started in the same way as you start other sessions. or, 2. You can configure a VT Display session to use sftp as the default file transfer type instead of FTP. The sftp session starts in a separate browser window. Once it starts, the sftp session is displayed in the Active Sessions area of the Host On-Demand Client window indicating current connection status.I will be very happy, if this little information can help you.