xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hagebyhemdata

Maintain Id-tags In Xbox 360 Maintain ID-tags when ripping Audio CDs in Xbox 360

I got a couple of MP3 albums from my friends collection, and I wanted to rip theses CD's to my Xbox 360, to use them as background music when I play my games. Having them burned to a CD-RW, and putting the CD into my Xbox 360. When finished building tracklist, some of the albums comes with tags already filled out for the album name, the artist, tracks and genre , so its only to press Rip CD and everything is done. But some of the albums I burned, have no information at all. So I have to manually edit the name of tracks, artist and so on. Now theres a wonderful addition to your xbox360 game controll, a chatpad to ease up your editing. But for those peoples who are asking why should I buy a chatpad, in order to ease up editing a couple of my ripped CD's, might be asking; How come some albums works and some don't? Are there any program that could merge the information before burn to CD?

I believe the reason for this problem is that some CDs don't put the song information with the songs because they don't expect the songs to be ripped to a computer (this is probably before the computer became a media center), unfortunatly there probably isn't any software for it mainly due to the difficulty of figuring out what song and stuff it is and you have to do it manually.

I believe the reason for this problem is that some CDs don't put the song information with the songs because they don't expect the songs to be ripped to a computer (this is probably before the computer became a media center), unfortunatly there probably isn't any software for it mainly due to the difficulty of figuring out what song and stuff it is and you have to do it manually.

Yeah this also happends with itunes. It has to do with how the songs are written on the disc

Thanks guys for your replies. It cleared things up abit. I have googled around for a good program to make it easy and simple, but I haven't got any lucky, still same problem, some dumps works and some don't. For the moment I'm trying finding a way around solving the issue and I wonder if I can use Windows Media Player in order to Rip a CD to my computer, and if needed (which are easier to do with a computer) name the artist, album, tracks to the wma's and then burn for a example a mix CD with the best songs from my collection and rip the CD to my Xbox 360 and still maintain the audiotracks IDtag?
If I succeed finding a way to make this work, I'll write a Tutorial.