xisto Community
GrinningKittie

Do You Dream In Black & White Or Color?

Hellosies! I 'm one of those people who usually dream in VIVID colors ( more like technicolor sometimes lol!) and was surprised to find that some people dream only in black and white.So my question for ya'll is how many of you here dream in color?How many here dream in black and white?Okay so how many of you are super talented and dream in both versions?

I sometimes dream in colour, but I dream in black and white much more often. I have no idea why I dream in black and white more often. I do seem to find the black and white dreams to be a lot less 'nightmare-ish' than coloured dreams.

I dream in both ways. I had a dream that i was in a movie theater with fantastic and colorful designs watching the movie " The Lone Ranger" circa 1950's in black and white. So you see, my dream was really in all colors. :o

I dream in both, although I have a tendency to dream in black and white when I've got a fever. I remember dreaming that I was sleeping and then the picture started spinning like a Twilight Zone episode. I was screaming at myself to wake up, and when I finally did, I had a temperature of 102 degrees Fahrenheit. Weird huh?

It's been on my mind if I really dream in color. I remember many times I can change an object's color during my dream. That is, if I think this object in my dream should be red then it turns red. So does that mean I am dreaming in color?What I do recall vividly is that full color dreams are only at the center of the action and the rest of are in black and white--like a tunnel vision or peripheral vision is in black and white. I can't stay dreaming long enough to find out exactly because most of the time I wake up thinking, "this must be dream..." and *poof* I'm awake. Rats!

I dream in color. I don't recall any dreams that I've had that were in black and white... but then again, I don't clearly remember many of my dreams.It's rather fascinating, too. I mean, what makes some people dream in black and white and some in color?

I too dream in colour and am surprised to hear some dont...however, this poses a question, do we all dream in black and white?Perhaps those of us that "remember" "dreaming" in colour actually dont, maybe we dream in B&W but when we start to wake our brain changes this memory by adding colour according to our perceptions. EG Grass would be a shade of grey in the dream but as we wake our brain tells our memory area that grass is green and colours it in for us to make it more acceptable...Just a thought...It seems more difficult for the brain to dream in B&W though as in waking life everything we see (except old films) is in colour so the brain would have to then de-colour things... Unless of course the brain only "sees" in B&W and colour is something the brain adds in.

My dreams tend to be really cloudy. However, I reckon they're black and white. Some are colour though. I tend to remember the colour ones more often than the black and white.

Interesting topic !!! I have dreamt many times in my life. But now, i am not able to recall whether all my dreams had been in color or on black and white.I will try to find out today !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the time, I just dream in black & white. These dreams can range from WWII dreams, or dreams with pixies dancing in a field of tulips and daisies. Every time I've had a colored dream, they actually happen with in a few weeks. For instance, I had a colored dream of my friend cheating on me with my girlfriend, me dumping her, and them going out. To my "wonderful" luck, it actually happened.

I am absolutely certain that I dream in colour, although I am equally certain that I remember in black and white. Of course, in my dreams there is a convenient lack of detail, so that my mind can fill in any details it likes and still be correct. However, when the MEMORIES of the dreams are restricted to black and white, their possible details decreases from nearly infinite, to almost wholly binary.I suppose it's possible that everyone dreams differently, but due to the common structure shared by nearly all human brains, I find it highly unlikely. It reminds me of the question, "Are the colours we see different from the colours others see?"Then again, what exactly is colour? We tell ourselves that it is light bouncing off of objects and into our eyes, but that implies that without us here, there would be no colour, which seems rather ridiculous to me.Do we see in colour?Do we see at all?

Most of my dreams are colorful. I did not know that dreams may be black and white few years back. Few years back, I read an article where I found that most of the dreams are colorless. Actually I did not think about the color of my dreams before I read that article. After read it, I observed my dreams and found that most of my dreams are colorful and few are colorless (black and white) but still I do not know why my some dreams are colorful and why others are black and white.