xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Super Tuesday 2008

I must be hard up on topics or something because I rarely talk politics because straight up I hate the whole thing about it, thus the reason I do not vote nor will I ever. So as most of you know two names dropped out of the running, Guiliani and Edwards which means one of the four big names will now be going for blood; Romney, McCain, Clinton and Obama. Though I dread politics I have a somewhat descent historical background to it, and it which will pretty much be the rest of my topic on this, and my point of view will be what will make these four names lose the presidency once it is down to just two. I will start with the Democrats just because of the uniqueness of their situation: I’ll start with Obama, just because everyone has played the race card to death since he announced his run last year. As history has shown us, regardless what you say or do when it comes to race the South will rise again and will go after Obama until the final vote is casted. His odds are at 1 in a trillion of winning this election if the hardliners who do not want a black president start their war to bring him down. Even though he is popular person right now, just because that thought hasn’t kicked in yet and that people are waiting to see what happens on that side.As for Clinton, forget that she is a woman, you might as well call her the Female Bush because her mind is as crooked as Bush’s and if the 1 in a billion long shot she does win it, I see some dark days ahead us. Now as for a woman, we all know there have been some big surprises when it comes to women in leadership outside of royal means, but when it comes to America everyone knows that a woman will never be president.Do not get me wrong, I think a woman president or an African American president will be awesome because that will show the history books how much America has changed since 1776. Right now, the Democrats are in control of the both houses thanks to Bush and his 8 years of hell. Sadly, to say the President will not be a Democrat and the Republican's will be at it for at least four more years. Of course, I will be shocked if the Democrats do win this year.As to what will hurt McCain I would have to say age, heck even in the last two elections he didn't get far, Vietnam is not going help you win an election McCain so stick with the now. As with Romney I think the only thing that really hurts him is his ties with Mormonism, he fairly did well as governor of Massachusetts, I think.I have to say between these two and after yesterday, that McCain will win this with a small odds Romney will pull something out of his hat and come out of nowhere. As for my overall thoughts about 2008 election, some people are aware that I mention whoever becomes president will have the worse if not the hardest presidency since Lincoln just because of the mess they have to clean up. A Republican will win, but if somehow one of the democrats wins, just maybe America is heading in the right direction. Of course, I got odds that hell will freeze over, me winning the power ball 10 times in a row, and the giants beating the Patriots 56-0.Now to update it a little on this topic, Romney is out which means McCain will head into Presidential election with no competition, while the democrats try to figure out who they will go for. From the looks of it though, it would seem that Obama is going to win the democratic election, which I would be happy because Hillary is playing dirty now, and it is obvious to every but I only can imagine what Bill is thinking about her dirty tactics. However, though the problem will be on everyone’s mind, well for me personally, how long will that president last as they try to correct all the problems Bush and his cronies have created these last eight years?

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

You're just as bad as the media. I could go on about all the things wrong with McCain and Romney, but I'd feel that I would be wasting my time......oh what the heck...Romney - Top advisors are lobbyists. How about a president that will do the right thing for the people of this country, and not the corporations. Also the biggest flip-flopper on the GOP side. He also raised taxes when he was a governer in Massachusetts along with supporting weapon bans in his state. He's quasi-liberal, if you will.McCain - Has absolutely minimal knowledge of the economy, which was evident in the GOP debate in Boca Raton when Ron Paul asked him the question about the economy. McCain replied, "Of Course we need more sunshine", and proceeded to name off his economic advisers without addressing or answering the question. He's also willing to commit 5 more generations of Americans to the deviant war we are involved with in the Middle East.....riiiiight.I realize we're in the mess we are because of a Republican president, but what people don't seem to understand is that he has drifted so far from the Republican platform that it's sickening. All throughout history Republicans have been the party of Peace, and fiscal and social conservatism. None of the candidates are true Republicans, save one. Perhaps if you didn't watch to much news on the television you'd have a better outlook on the situation.I guess some people just enjoy having their personal liberties stripped away one by one. I wouldn't vote democrat unless they intended on protection our liberties, and it is evident that neither Hillary nor Obama would, which is apparent through their voting record in the senate. Anyways, I sincerely hope you take a step back and reevaluate the field. I took a semester off from college because the message of the candidate I support is one that intends to protect the people of this country, and turn the direction of it around. I'm a precinct leader for the campaign, and I spend a large amount of time every week spreading his message, because the media has done everything in their power to ignore him, because he is so against their agenda.Best regards

Thats why I stay from politics to mu ch talk and not enough action. As for the liberties I somewhat defended them for four years, and you must not be paying attention to the news last 7 years as most of those personal liberties are gone. Can't talk about something that don't exist anymore, but I am getting off topic a bit, as for the media I don't need them to tell me what has been factual for the last 231, just wait until its down to two people then 18th, 19th, and early 20thy century America shows up for the election, 2004 was a very questionable election just because of the junk that happen there in Florida.Of course I don't follow politics because when it comes down to it, nothing ever gets done that benefits anyone except the politicians and making themselves look good, and get richer.

As for the liberties I somewhat defended them for four years, and you must not be paying attention to the news last 7 years as most of those personal liberties are gone.

That was kind of the point of my post. By the way, I don't watch the news, not the mainstream news. I know what's going on in this country, more so than more well educated people. You seem to be ok with that fact that our liberties are being squandered from us. Is this true?

Of course I don't follow politics because when it comes down to it, nothing ever gets done that benefits anyone except the politicians and making themselves look good, and get richer.

Then why consider voting for someone who would do just that? That's all Romney will do. Why not vote for someone who promises to defend our liberties, and protect our nation, instead of wage wars so that the Military industrial complex can continue to profit off of murder and genocide? And throw the lives of young American men in to a battleground where we have right to be there, just to see them die while Corporations profit. We're in a very sickening situation right now, and I honestly fear for the lives of our soldiers everyday.
Edited by baphometslayer (see edit history)