xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KainRacure

10yo Boy Poisons You, What Do You Do? Punch him and throw him in a dog crate and call the local psych ward t

On January 26th 2 police officers responded to a home and found a 10 year old boy locked in a dog crate that had dog feces inside it.

According to the 51 year old grandmother (who was his guardian because his father (her son) is an escaped federal prisoner and his mother 's whereabouts are unknown) the boy had been poisoning the family with household chemicals for some time after being left behind on a family trip.

So a 24 year old relative who lived in the house punched him in the face giving the child a black eye and then the grandmother locked him in the 3 foot by 4 foot cage for about 90 minutes before police showed up.

According the the 24 year old the black eye "was minor compared to what he wanted to do to him."

Also the grandmother had called Washington County's Mental Health/Mental Retardation department threatening to "bury him alive in the backyard" if they did not send someone to get the child.

The boy was handed off to the county Children and Youth Services and the grandmother and reletave are being charged with endangering the welfare of a child and terroristic threats and simple assault and harassment respectively.

Read the original story here.

This is one of the more crazy news stories I have read lately. Honestly, I don't know what I would do with a 10 year old who was poisoning my family but obviously not throw him in a dog cage. This kid needs some serious mental help (and maybe that need runs in the family...)
I am unsure wither to feel bad for the kid, however, yeah, he had a hard live but at 10 years old you should know not to poison someone.

My goodness! I cannot believe that a 10yo boy can do that! When I was reading this post, I almost jump off my chair and randomly react with this! That silly 10yo boy must be punished so he may learned and realize that he really did absoloutly wrong! That was lame and if I we're in that situation, maybe I'll be transforming myself from a person into a monster that will scare, and make him realize the things that he did. I'm very sad about that News and I hope that silly things wont happen again because it makes me jump off my chair again!... lol...

Dog crates can be really handy sometimes....lolol Ok, lets not get overboard here, he was only in the crate for 90 minutes. I hate to say it, but there are some awful dam mean kids out there. It sounds to me like the poor grandmother is the victum here, not the brat. She got the kid dumped on her and nobody else would take him. (and I can see why, would you want the little terrorist poisoning you?)

Dog crates can be really handy sometimes....lolol Ok, lets not get overboard here, he was only in the crate for 90 minutes.
I hate to say it, but there are some awful dam mean kids out there. It sounds to me like the poor grandmother is the victum here, not the brat. She got the kid dumped on her and nobody else would take him. (and I can see why, would you want the little terrorist poisoning you?)

I read this yesterday and according to the article there was still dog feces and stuff in there. Now obviously, poisoning the family was incredibly wrong and he should be punished for it, but not by child endangerment and child abuse, he should have been given to the police where he would be tried and sent to juvy. The kid was poisoning the family just because he couldn't go on a trip. When I was reading the article it sounded like the whole family had something wrong with the them. The grandmother threatened the cops she would bury him alive if they didn't send him to a sphyciatric hospital soon and his brother punched him in the face and said he was being merciful, I honestly think that none of them should be together and they all need sphyciatric help.

Like I said in my post, this family is wacked, The mother of the kid skipped town, his dad apparently committed a federal crime and then decided to escape from federal prison, the kid poisons what family he has left all over some trip he missed and then the 24yo reletive punches him (apparently doing less then what he wanted to do) and the grandmother both throws the kid in a crap covered dog crate AND calls the mental ward saying she will bury the kid alive.The whole lot need serious help. Grandma needs some psych work as does the kid, the 24yo needs anger management, the mom is apparently jsut a low life and needs to get her act together and the dad needs to be found, put BACK in prison, punished and most likely needs a shrink as well.

That is very disturbing that a 10 year old would do that. Maybe hes too young to realise the effects of his action. I dont think the kid is all to blame for his actions here I think it all was the result of bad parenting. The kid obviously did not like staying with the grandma and who ever was there to be trying to poison them. This happens way too often people have kids and cannot take care of them then they go and dump it on their grandparents who are forced to deal with kids that arnt even theirs. We dont know the full story so who knows when all this trouble started. Atleast the grandma tried to take the kid in, his parents left him who else does he have? now hes gone and done something stupid he'll be with no real family. I just hope he dosent turn out to be a serial killer or something when he grows up.

Like I said in my post, this family is wacked, The mother of the kid skipped town, his dad apparently committed a federal crime and then decided to escape from federal prison, the kid poisons what family he has left all over some trip he missed and then the 24yo reletive punches him (apparently doing less then what he wanted to do) and the grandmother both throws the kid in a crap covered dog crate AND calls the mental ward saying she will bury the kid alive.
The whole lot need serious help. Grandma needs some psych work as does the kid, the 24yo needs anger management, the mom is apparently jsut a low life and needs to get her act together and the dad needs to be found, put BACK in prison, punished and most likely needs a shrink as well.

Wow, you put the whole thing in a nut shell right there.

bad childhood life 80% chance to do evil acts when your older.i think the one who needs to blame is the parents not the grandmother. giving the kid to the mental/psych ward will made him worse. foster care will make it worse to the foster parents. the parents should take care of the kid and show compassion maybe that will change him

Yeah, but that's not gonna happen because as KainRacure said, the parents and the grandmother are all so screwed up that nothing is going to help these people while keeping them together, they basically need to be separated, because then they will actually accept psychological help, maybe...

I first heard this little news bit on TV the other night. I'm sure we're not being told the whole story, but with what little is being told I'd say this: If I was taking this little turd in because my daughter or son was such a worthless piece of trash they couldn't take care of their little disaster and he didn't have anywhere else to go, and I found out he was poisoning my family,

I'd probably be quite homicidal and really desire to see him at the bottom of an abandoned well or something. So, instead of actually killing the little bugger, like he deserves, maybe I'd talk someone into giving him a black eye and put him into a cage that hasn't been cleaned out for a while to wait for the police to come pick him up, knowing he'll live to poison someone else another day, but he'll never attack me or my family again. And maybe, just maybe, the time in the cage will give him a chance to take stalk of his poor decisions thus far in his life. Some dog crap isn't going to hurt him. Like I'd care anyway, after what he was trying to do to me and my family. I don't think it was an inappropriate response in those circumstances and I bet a jury would agree with me.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Well Watermonkey, we are definatly on the same page on this one! I agree wholeheartedly with you!Dog feces, while not especially pleasant, is certainly not fatal. And the thing about the grandmother threatening to bury him in the back yard, she might of just said that to get the cops to come get the brat. I know of several instances where parents have had children that were totally out of control that they could do nothing with, and when they called family services for help, they were told that they wouldn't help them. Maybe she was just trying to get their attention. And it worked! You know, we didn't have garbage like this going on back in the good old days when hickory switches were still in common use!