xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pral

Birth Control Recommendations?

Everything in my gut (and coming from my doctor) tells me I really need to stick to a birth control pill, but during my one month experience on it I began feeling depressed and decided to quit. I'm assuming the hormone in-balance was too much for my body to handle, and many of my peers told me to wait it out for another couple months to see what would happen. Is there anyone with similar experience that has found a pill that works for you that did not affect you in that way? Or just generally what have you found to be a successful method of birth control?

Hi,

Birth Control pills are very tricky and the hormonal changes can be disastrous :D As I don't know your location, age or anything I can only provide these links hoping that they are of some help to you :D

The first link has the 9 Myths of The Pill and this second link will help you choose the pill according to the symptoms and the parts of the body it will effect
Effects And Choice Of Pills and this third link gives you a basic idea as to how you can use your pill :o
Right Pill for me?

I hope these help :(

Or just generally what have you found to be a successful method of birth control?

:o If I may be allowed to participate and share my experience lovely ladies, the best birth control that I have known and experienced, is WITHDRAWAL. No condom. Just pure concentration and awareness. This method is well attested by many of my friends who did it too. I hope your mate can do it well. AWARENESS is the key to its success.

I suggest the usage condoms. Surely withdrawal can be said as best but not 100% correctly birth control mechanism.

:o There is no 100% sure-fire method to prevent pregnancy when you decide to have sex. But I don't think that's the kind of advice she's looking for.
Anytime you try a new prescription, especially one that affects your hormones, you need to give it about 6 months for your body to level out and adjust. If this is your first time taking birth control, then your body will definitely need some time to regain balance. Most likely, you'll experience all of the symptoms of PMS for the first month or two before you start to feel normal again. My doctor tells me to try out new medications for at least 3 months before switching to something else.

Talk to your doctor about your reaction to the medication. You might be an ideal candidate for a low hormone dose, which might be less of a shock to your system.

And remember, DON'T SMOKE WHEN YOU'RE ON THE PILL.

:D If I may be allowed to participate and share my experience lovely ladies, the best birth control that I have known and experienced, is WITHDRAWAL. No condom. Just pure concentration and awareness. This method is well attested by many of my friends who did it too. I hope your mate can do it well. AWARENESS is the key to its success.

I would suggest keeping a condom "handy". Awarenesss is good, but cleanliness is ensured by condoms :D

So, you eat both the cakes :o

This is absolutly an old wives tale. Withdrawal is in no way shape fashion or form a safe method of birth control. Ejaculate is made up of 3 seperate components. There is a pre-ejaculate, which contains fluid to clean out the tubes, the actual sperm laden ejaculate, heavily laden with sperm cells, and the the post ejaculate, which is mostly fluids that help flush the sperm out. HOWEVER, there is always some sperm cells in the pre-ejaculate that could cause conception. There is little or no feeling during the pre-ejaculate phase. And then there is the biologic and for some males impossible to resist urge to push instead of pull.....DO NOT even think about using this method.

The most common birth control pills are a combination of progesterone and estrogen. (both female hormones).I take pills that are progesterone only (without estrogen), and I have not had any baby blues or post partum depression (my son was just born a month ago), so you may wish to ask your dr about progesterone only pills. They also help with nursing (breastfeeding), the birth control pills with estrogen interfere with lactation (breast milk production). The ones i take are less likey to cause hormonal imbalance.

I suggest you not to go with pills as its not at all safe.. If that pill not acts on your pregnecy u will be in a high level of resik to consive a baby. Then u cant do anything unless a abotion is done.. But i feel aborting a baby ia really a sin. So u prefer to use condoms thans pills if u want you can go for some surgery so u can be safe and have a reavead sexual life as u wil never be having a trouble to conceive a baby.. But think twice and go for surgery coz then if u want baby then u need to get it by test tube baby method which wil cost you really a dam high price. .So then u will think of adopting a child then delevering your own baby.. So be wise and move ahead.

Similar to the withdrawal method is a practice that avoids ejaculation during most lovemaking sessions. While not guaranteed to avoid pregnancy, it has many health benefits for both the man and the woman. Do a google search for "Tao Sexual Yoga" to learn more about it. You could learn to monitor your fertility signs as taught by the "natural family planning" technique. During fertile times you could use a condom if you were not open to the idea of getting pregnant. During infertile times you would not need the condom of course.If you have anything against frequent (daily or more often), hours long lovemaking sessions then you might want to steer clear of the tao sexual yoga. I doubt that will be a problem with most people though. The increase in pleasure for both partners may blow your mind at first.

not all birth control methods been guaranteed to be successful... especially that of withdrawal... im a nursing graduate, i suggest just do abstinence to avoid being pregnant.. base on religious belief, withdrawal is not accepted thats on my opinion.. it depends from others... :lol: so be sure if you want to get preggy...

The only sure way not to get pregnant is not to have sex, no contraceptive will give you a 100% guarantee that you won't get up the duff.As for the withdrawal method - thats a joke and a myth. Using that as a contraceptive is frankly stupid.

Over 9000 years ago when I had a boyfriend and was afraid to get pregnant because, people, condoms aren't always available when you need them, and I get paranoid if by any chance one of his soldiers decide to crawl up by itself and knock me up. So I went to a gynecologist to get a prescription of birth control pills. I set up the appointment with the first available doctor, since my usual obgyn was all booked.
So there I was at his clynic,
-Sir, may I have a prescription for birth controll pills?
-I don't prescribe birth control. The mechanism most birth control pills use prevent the blastula from hanging to the uterus so it is the same as abortion. It is against my religion blah blah (he rant some more I cant remember because It has been a while)

Then he recommended some contraceptive system, was something to do with observing ***** fluid, we all know this, right? if ***** juice is white and thick enough, that it forms a string between your thumb and index finger, then you are probably ovulating. 

Your chances of getting pregnant are higher during the days around ovulation, which is when you release an egg. Your body shows signs and symptoms when you are fertile such as changes in your cervical mucus. You can plan to not have sex during this time. There are four fertility awareness methods. They are calendar charting, basal body temperature (BBT) charting, cervical mucus charting and sympto-thermal charting. Make sure you are taught by a healthcare worker how to use fertility awareness methods before you try them. What are the advantages of fertility awareness methods?

• They are free or inexpensive.
  • They donďż˝t cause any changes in your body.
  • There are no side effects.
  • You and your partner(s) may learn more about when women can get pregnant.
  • These are natural ways of trying not to get pregnant.
  • You can also use them when you want to get pregnant.
  • You gain awareness and knowledge about your body.
What are the disadvantages of fertility awareness methods?

• You need to learn how to use them.
  • It takes time and effort to use them.
  • You may not be able to have vaginal sex at some times of the month.
  • Calendar and temperature charting may not be as effective if your cycles arenďż˝t regular.
  • You are not protected against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
  • You need to be comfortable with your own body to use some of these methods.

So this doctor, he told me I dint need a prescription to get birth control pills in Brazil, he only didnt want to take part in it... i din't know that! so I asked some friends for brand names and started taking... after 4 months or so I had a very emotional arguement with my boyfriend for no reason. That's the only side effect I get from birth control pills, since the increased appetite, bigger boobs, buttocks and better skin and hair are all welcome consequences of estrogen intake. :)

Different pills have different harmone mixes, and whatever pill you get needs to be the right mix of harmones for you.First what are your needs?I'm going to assume you're sexually active because it is infact, a birth controll pill, but some people take them for excessive acne or body hair, or extremely painfull periods, and so on and so on.You should go to your gynocologist and don't be afraid to tell him what you feel and stuff. It's important for you to be open with him/her.