xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sweet_princess

Vegetarians?

CLEAR: This is a topic against vegetarianism (I don't see a problem in that)Think about it...If the chickens were as strong and intelligent as us, then they would probably be killing us as wellI know chickens can't eat us, but you're missing the point. If any of the species were the most 'intelligent', then they would take advantage of the 'less intelligent' species, like we do for food. Who knows what the chickens would have needed us for!Another point:If I'm just going to sit there all day like an animal, with no actions or thoughts, I might as well not exist. I might even want to die, but not know how to. Anything without a purpose should be used to advantage.Okay, maybe I sound a little crazy and unshameful to all of you vegetarians, but every species is in competition. If we are classified as the most intelligent, we should take advantage of this privilege, like any species would and use the animals we need to for food. We need to find peace amongst the human species first, then talk about the rest. You see all these divisions of race, religion and also 'veg' and 'non-veg'. Its ridiculous, we should respect eachothers decisions. I hate being cursed by the vegetarians everytime I walk down the street. I am against animal cruelty, but turning vegetarian won't stop it. We need a more common-sense approach to stop the cruelty!

Edited by sweet_princess (see edit history)

:o I'm con-fu-zed.Are you FOR or AGAINST vegetarians? I see your point in how we as a species took it upon ourselves to keep ourselves at the top of the food chain and how other animals (i.e. chickens) would have done the same thing, but I got confused as to where your standpoint is.I'm a meat eater but I'm also in support of the PRINCIPLE of PETA: to prevent unjust and unnecessary harm to animals. I am a hypocrite when it comes to extreme application of that principle (i.e. not wearing fur, leather, etc.) as I have leather boots and a leather jacket (I think it's faux leather, though), but what I'm getting at is that animals shouldn't suffer unnecessarily. The idea that we raise livestock to kill it for food and items sounds very cruel, but at the same time, it would actually be a shame to kill and WASTE.Fur suppliers are a scary bunch that I wouldn't mind serving an eye for an eye to. Videos of animals being skinned ALIVE sickens me, since apparently they can't kill the animal first, not to mention that they don't have any use for the carcass afterwards. That's the equivalent of someone hunting and then killing you just for your nice teeth, or to put your skeleton on display, or even wear your hair.Yar. I don't know.It's a touchy subject, and I believe a lot of us are hypocrites if you apply the belief of unnecessary suffering in the extreme way, but I take more comfort in knowing that my animal products were from animals that didn't suffer than from animals that died slowly and painfully.

I'm a bit confused too by your post as to what your stance on vegetarians is. However I'll go ahead and throw in my two guatalajaran centavos on the matter.Some vegetarians bother me. Some don't. Heck my one of my best friends is a vegetarian. How do I get this 50/50 attitude? Well it depends on the person, their reasoning and the way they go about spreading the word or sharing their views.The friend I mentioned before hand is vegetarian. She switched over years ago as a healthy way to lose weight. The diet just stuck with her and she enjoys eating what she does. She isn't rude or preachy about meat eaters and doesn't throw the world's biggest conniption fit if her slice of pizza had a pepperoni bit on it. Those are the veggies ( vegetarians) I don't have a beef with.The ones I do have a beef....er...I guess I should change that too portabello mushroom ( as it is said they have a meaty taste...) with are the ones who go on and on and on and on about the evils of eating meat, how it is absolutely horrid for you, and best of all the terrible useless slaughtering of such innocent animals.First off I am not into animal cruelty. I'm not. I've seen my fair share of slaughterhouse videos with the "This is cruel!!" bit to them. What I would like to see is a non- cruel video to compare it to. You won't find it. Some slaughter methods are quicker than others but in the end it all hurts. I'm still eating my bacon though. Perhaps what would make it easier for some of us meat eaters is if the meat companies had a special label with "slaughtered friendly-wise" on it so we could eat our bacon happily and say "while yes it all is quite cruel but I only by from Smiley Friendly Factory Meat because they aren't as cruel as say Major Brand Meats."See and that is where my portabello is with the frenzied veggies. Some of them actually think they are saving countless animal lives by boycotting meat. WRONG! Buy out the state of Texas and then shut down EVERY McDonald's, Burger King,Wendy's, Jack In The Box, White Castle, and Carl Jr.'s and you MAY start making a dent in the meat consuming market and there by saving all those animals.Get real. For every pound of meat they boycott all indignant and righteously like, there are several familes who have consumed or even wasted that pound times some. It is a looooooossssiiiiiing baaaaaattllllleee.That is my biggest portabello with the pushy veggies. The arguments about meat being horrible for you or humans should know better than to eat other animals ( WHAT?) just annoy me. Red meat is important. In excess yes it is bad. In excess EVERYTHING is bad. As for "knowing better" because we are higher up on the echelon of evolution ( which I sometimes find THAT debatable) that is just crap. That is like telling a bunny that it should add dressing to it's salad because it's not the same bunny it's ancestors were. UGH.So as you can see I am neither for or against vegetarianism. I think it is a great thing to adhere to for dietary reasons ( say health issues or weight issues), spiritual reasons or to try something new. I think it opens up a world full of a variable and colorful food recipes. However I do not think that going veggie is going to change the world, save countless lives or change the meat eating mindset of our culture.

I'm also in support of the PRINCIPLE of PETA:

Whoa there, wait just a minute! Do you actually know what the principles of PETA are?????

For one, they want to end ALL ANIMAL USE!!!!! PERIOD. Humans should have NO association with animals in any way shape fashion or form. This not only includes eating meat and wearing leather, it goes WAY beyond that. PETA does not believe in domestic animals of any kind. They do not even want you to have a pet.

I suppose I should mention, I'm a PETA member. The OTHER PETA. People for Eating Tasty Animals, lololol :D

There's a place on earth for all Gods creatures, on my plate next to the taters and gravy! :o

So, by now no one should be confused as to my standing on vegetarianism. I am most definatly a meat eater.

I don't feel bad about animals dying so I can eat meat. Why should I? Does the lion grieve for the antelope it eats? I think not.

I do have to agree with Grinning Kittie. If a person wants to eat vegtables that should be their decision, and if someone wants to eat meat, that choise should also be up to them. I hate anyone who tries to force their beliefs on another person. Food is an absolute nessesity of life. No one should be told what they can/cannot eat.

I see people are having mixed feelings on this. Like everyone else, I don't really dig causing unnecessary pain to animals... Okay, maybe I do drown cockroaches in soapy water but that's about it! I do use my bare hands to bring outside any dragonfly, butterfly or grasshopper who make the mistake of entering a human abode. Not that I eat the aforementioned animals, by the way.Anyway, I think all of us here know that it is nearly impossible to cut off all relations with animals. We have to eat, wear clothes and eat some more. Anyone telling me to go have a tofu burger can get lost. Tell me eating cow or pig is not natural and I'll break your equally unnatural iPod or cellphone on your face. Really, I think the entire deal about animal welfare is a bit exaggerated.If someone is vegetarian by free will or as dictated by allergies or some other medical reason, good for him. If it proves beneficial to them, I'd be happy for them. If, however, they walk about thinking themselves to be better person for not eating meat, well, f*c< them! We always kill animals; anyone condemning us even for bringing swift death to our livestock will get the finger from me.I mean, c'mon, we are sentient beings; poultry are, I suppose, also sentient to a certain degree. We have philosophies, including some strange ideas that eating animals is wrong. Cattle, on the other hand, do not think much, if at all, about the issue of sudden deaths. They may notice their comrades disappearing one by one but, by God, they do not ponder upon it too much, if at all. They'd probably just roll their eyes and go on chewing grass.I think giving animals the human attribute called sentience is a bit too much. Animals don't understand the world the way we do. They may form bonds with us just as we can form a friendship with a household pet. However, declaring, no, preaching that eating meat is wrong is... well, wrong.Look at it this way. It has also been proven that plants also respond to stimuli like pain. Does that mean we'll have to walk around naked, freeze to death, wander aimlessly, drink only water and feed on fruits that have already fallen? Are we meant to not take advantage of our evolution and, instead, fall prey to savage carnivores who will not think twice about eating us?We're gifted with the ability to think; however, thinking the other species also think the way we think is thinking a bit too much, don't you think? :o

I see people are having mixed feelings on this. Like everyone else, I don't really dig causing unnecessary pain to animals... Okay, maybe I do drown cockroaches in soapy water but that's about it! I do use my bare hands to bring outside any dragonfly, butterfly or grasshopper who make the mistake of entering a human abode. Not that I eat the aforementioned animals, by the way.
Anyway, I think all of us here know that it is nearly impossible to cut off all relations with animals. We have to eat, wear clothes and eat some more. Anyone telling me to go have a tofu burger can get lost. Tell me eating cow or pig is not natural and I'll break your equally unnatural iPod or cellphone on your face. Really, I think the entire deal about animal welfare is a bit exaggerated.

If someone is vegetarian by free will or as dictated by allergies or some other medical reason, good for him. If it proves beneficial to them, I'd be happy for them. If, however, they walk about thinking themselves to be better person for not eating meat, well, f*c< them! We always kill animals; anyone condemning us even for bringing swift death to our livestock will get the finger from me.

I mean, c'mon, we are sentient beings; poultry are, I suppose, also sentient to a certain degree. We have philosophies, including some strange ideas that eating animals is wrong. Cattle, on the other hand, do not think much, if at all, about the issue of sudden deaths. They may notice their comrades disappearing one by one but, by God, they do not ponder upon it too much, if at all. They'd probably just roll their eyes and go on chewing grass.

I think giving animals the human attribute called sentience is a bit too much. Animals don't understand the world the way we do. They may form bonds with us just as we can form a friendship with a household pet. However, declaring, no, preaching that eating meat is wrong is... well, wrong.

Look at it this way. It has also been proven that plants also respond to stimuli like pain. Does that mean we'll have to walk around naked, freeze to death, wander aimlessly, drink only water and feed on fruits that have already fallen? Are we meant to not take advantage of our evolution and, instead, fall prey to savage carnivores who will not think twice about eating us?

We're gifted with the ability to think; however, thinking the other species also think the way we think is thinking a bit too much, don't you think? :o

Thank you salamgkero!!
You're answer is exactly what I've been trying to say all along
The Vegetarians at my school actually discriminate against me.

Well put it this way...In my school the very 'clever' people study together. The very 'clever' people in my school are almost all vegetarians apart from me and a couple of other kids. I show my concern for the world through taking pride in my science lessons. However the vegetarians tell me that if I loved the world so much, then I wouldn't kill and torture animals for food. They call me 'fake' and it really gets on my nerves. How could they say such mindless things?

Thank you salamgkero!!You're answer is exactly what I've been trying to say all along
The Vegetarians at my school actually discriminate against me.

Well put it this way...In my school the very 'clever' people study together. The very 'clever' people in my school are almost all vegetarians apart from me and a couple of other kids. I show my concern for the world through taking pride in my science lessons. However the vegetarians tell me that if I loved the world so much, then I wouldn't kill and torture animals for food. They call me 'fake' and it really gets on my nerves. How could they say such mindless things?

I've been discriminated against too. I'm a vegitarian, but it's not the meat eaters who hate me- it's other vegitarians!

Why?

I'm not a vegitarian because I love animals. I accept that we use them to better ourselves- it's all part of survival. I don't condone killing something for no reason- if you're doing it, you're doing it to aid your survival.

The reason I don't eat meat is simple- It disgusts me. I'm not a meat person.

Besides, you should tell your vegitarian frends that when you pick an apple from a tree, it reacts. You can measure the reaction with the correct scientific instruments. It's like a scream. Tell them if they loved the world so much, they wouldn't kill and torture plants for food.

And me? I'm about to make the move from just vegitables to vegitables and insects. I've always wanted to try fried locusts!

I've been discriminated against too. I'm a vegetarian, but it's not the meat eaters who hate me- it's other vegetarians!
Why?

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I accept that we use them to better ourselves- it's all part of survival. I don't condone killing something for no reason- if you're doing it, you're doing it to aid your survival.

The reason I don't eat meat is simple- It disgusts me. I'm not a meat person.

Lolz, good one. That too. Some vegetarians think that being a non meat-eater immediately means believing in not killing animals etc. Actually, I also know some people who don't eat meat simply because they don't like it. And yet, they are being called "fakers" by plant-killers who, might I point out, also have leather shoes, belts and wallets. Hilarious, really :o

Vegetarians beleive in equality. Maybe animals are as smart as us , but It isn't possible for them to exercise that In their body's , is it? We evolved to become what we are , and other animals evolved from something else. Go back a few hundred thousand years we would be Primates , being hunted down by the creatures we today use for our needs. We use what we have the ability to use. Livestock is an excessive source , an I have no conscience when I eat meat I have nothing against vegetarians , it's just some of the extremists that I misunderstand =/

Maybe animals are as smart as us , but It isn't possible for them to exercise that In their body's, is it? We evolved to become what we are , and other animals evolved from something else. Go back a few hundred thousand years we would be Primates , being hunted down by the creatures we today use for our needs. We use what we have the ability to use.

If they were as smart as us, they would find a workaround solution to their inability to exercise their "smartness," which would in turn be them exercising their "smartness." :o But if we were to go back a few 100,000 years, according to your statement, we would not see these primates (assuming they existed) be-ing hunted down by the creatures of today, for, like you said, "we all evolved."
Currently, i have had no experience with a vegetarian. So far, everyone i personally know is a meat eater. Although, i prefer to not eat meat every day. And if that were to be the case, i'd prefer nothing that deals with pork. I see pork as half fat and half meat. I'll take chicken any day, though. :9

I respect anyone that is able to completely cut meat out of their diets, but I never realized how touchy of a subject vegetarianism can be for some people. I definately agree that some people take the anti-animal-killing thing a little too far, but in my experience the vegetarians I know are healthy, sensible people who don't believe in eating meat for their own personal reasons. The way I see it, if they can look at the way industries use and abuse animals for the mass production of food supply and tell themselves they don't want to be a part of that anymore, than more power to them. If they approach me and tell me I am wrong for being mainstream and consuming meat here and there, then I have a problem. I think it is just like every other social issue, though: there will always be extremists and those are the only people you notice for that very reason. My father is vegetarian for health reasons, and many friends of mine choose not to eat meat for their own reasons, and we should all accept that. It's just like religion and other issues, everyone is entitled their own beliefs and we should all respect each other. No one is right or wrong, they just have different values.I myself am actually unable to digest meat other than poultry. Since my father is vegetarian, I would only eat meat when my family and I ate out on occasion, so whenever I attempt beef and pork, I have a hard time digesting the food. I love fish and chicken, but still eat both rather sparingly compared to friends of mine. I guess health wise I'm lucky since I don't get tempted by the roommates huge tri-tip steak sitting in my fridge :o